Consolidated Syria Conflict Thread

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, September 19, 2015, 04:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on November 05, 2015, 09:40:00 AM
Reports are filtering out of CNN that Russia is expanding their Syria campaign so...maybe this bombing is a fabricated casus belli...

I'm cynical, but not that cynical.

Russia had to amp up its response after this, and they weren't pussyfooting around before it, either.

Putin's problem was that, while he was paying lip service to daesh, he wasn't focusing most of his attention on it. He was spending most of his time trying to beat back the anti-Assad forces. Now his attention will be forced to shift to daesh.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

JasonPratt

Latest word I've heard on the Airbus explosion, is that Egypt hadn't released any analysis of wreckage (looking for bomb chemical remnants), but that the US and Britain had upgraded their evaluation to almost-certainly-an-ISIS-bomb based on tracking ISIS chatter among IS leaders who ought to be in a position to know.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

If Canada takes the Kardashians, do they also have to take all their damned boyfriends? I'd chip in on that deal myself.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Centurion40

Quote from: LongBlade on November 05, 2015, 09:46:06 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 05, 2015, 09:40:00 AM
Reports are filtering out of CNN that Russia is expanding their Syria campaign so...maybe this bombing is a fabricated casus belli...

I'm cynical, but not that cynical.

Russia had to amp up its response after this, and they weren't pussyfooting around before it, either.

Putin's problem was that, while he was paying lip service to daesh, he wasn't focusing most of his attention on it. He was spending most of his time trying to beat back the anti-Assad forces. Now his attention will be forced to shift to daesh.

They can destroy one, then turn their attention to the other.  The question for me is: how far will they pursue ISIS fighters into Iraqi territory?  Will they ally with Iraqi Shiite forces?  Will they/can they push all the way to the Iranian border?  Will they/can they effectively establish a Shiite Islamic Republic of Iraq as an Iranian puppet?
Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 05, 2015, 10:39:38 AM
If Canada takes the Kardashians, do they also have to take all their damned boyfriends? I'd chip in on that deal myself.

No "ifs" about it.  No deal, no deal, no deal.  No even if we throw-in Celine & Nickleback.  No effing deal!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Barthheart

Quote from: Centurion40 on November 05, 2015, 12:26:44 PM

No "ifs" about it.  No deal, no deal, no deal.  No even if we throw-in Celine & Nickleback.  No effing deal!

+100000000000000000000  >:(

steve58

Russia deploys AA missiles to "protect their warplanes".  Sounds like we're getting closer and closer to an "accident" ???
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

LongBlade

Good thing we pulled out before we went back in!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

In Soviet Russia pulling out IS a proven form of control!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

HEEELLLLLLLL NO! We are not taking Kanye West off your hands. You're stuck with that dude. And we're also not taking Caitlyn Jenner.

Sir Slash

Damn. Is that why you guys cancelled the pipeline deal? I'll take it back then. Just a question after all. Shit if you had them, you'd try to get rid of them too. How about if we give you an NFL franchise?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Barthheart

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 06, 2015, 08:39:49 AM
... How about if we give you an NFL franchise?

We've already got one... the Toronto Maple Leafs.  ;)

JasonPratt

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 06, 2015, 01:54:54 AM
HEEELLLLLLLL NO! We are not taking Kanye West off your hands. You're stuck with that dude. And we're also not taking Caitlyn Jenner.

You're stuck with that dude, too, ha ha!

(It's a trap.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Don't forget Kanye is going to run for President next time. Still don't want him?  ^-^

Barthheart