Consolidated Syria Conflict Thread

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, September 19, 2015, 04:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 06, 2015, 08:39:49 AM
Damn. Is that why you guys cancelled the pipeline deal? I'll take it back then. Just a question after all. Shit if you had them, you'd try to get rid of them too. How about if we give you an NFL franchise?

Ok, I'm listening... go on....
Any time is a good time for pie.

JasonPratt

Latest Sinai Crash news: black box recovered, seems to confirm the explosion was not due to engine or other mechanical problem.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Centurion40

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 06, 2015, 03:20:35 PM
Latest Sinai Crash news: black box recovered, seems to confirm the explosion was not due to engine or other mechanical problem.

The plot thickens.

JasonPratt

Haven't kept up since this morning, but all that's lacking so far seems to be direct 'smoking gun' evidence (e.g. bomb residue on crash pieces).

Which hasn't been disconfirmed yet.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Staggerwing

While a bomb is certainly likely, the 'black box' isn't omniscient. TWA 800 was brought down by cheap wiring that caused an electrical short, sending current into a *nearly* empty fuel tank and igniting the remaining vapor. Figuring this out was the result of the most expensive crash investigation in modern history. Ironically, had the tank been full it might not have exploded at all.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 06, 2015, 03:38:35 PM
Haven't kept up since this morning, but all that's lacking so far seems to be direct 'smoking gun' evidence (e.g. bomb residue on crash pieces).

Keep in mind the two nations investigating this both have vested interests in controlling the release of information.

The Egyptians don't want to see the last of their dying tourist die.

The Russians don't want anything provocative released until they are good and ready to smack someone around.

Bottom line: I wouldn't expect timely, correct information. 
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

There is so much crazy theory around TWA 800 it's hard to decide what to believe. A lot of witnesses claimed to see a rocket or missile of some type bring it down leading to conspiracy theories galore.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

They should have taken my plan at the 1st post. Now, Russia and Iran are going to have primary control of the outcomes in the region.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Centurion40

Quote from: Gusington on November 06, 2015, 06:25:31 PM
There is so much crazy theory around TWA 800 it's hard to decide what to believe. A lot of witnesses claimed to see a rocket or missile of some type bring it down leading to conspiracy theories galore.

Yeah, some VERY credible descriptions too, as I recall.  I guess that the government doesn't like to believe Long Islanders.

Gusington

That, and they don't want some of the more incriminatng rumors to gain any more traction. Better that it all just fades away.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Centurion40 on November 10, 2015, 09:12:35 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 06, 2015, 06:25:31 PM

Yeah, some VERY credible descriptions too, as I recall.  I guess that the government doesn't like to believe Long Islanders.

When that incident took place I was in a building that also housed the air traffic office for the Boston airport.

I spoke to no one directly.

Our sales manager, however, did claim to have spoken with at least one of them who claimed to him that they had seen something on radar which went up and met the plane.

Obviously this is all hearsay.

That said, I sure do wonder.

Centurion40

One of the few conspiracies that (despite what many a regular WG poster might claim) actually holds some water, IMHO.

LongBlade

Daesh asshole meets mortar.

Sir Slash

Couldn't happen to a nicer Man-Made Disaster Engineer.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat