Middle East campaign series releases sep. 24

Started by Grim.Reaper, September 21, 2015, 08:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MengJiao

Quote from: Jason Petho on September 30, 2015, 05:24:28 PM
One element of the Fallujah pocket I would like to portray is the action during the night of December 27-28 by two Israeli battalions against the Eastern side of the pocket (focusing on 'Iraq al-Manshiya). All in all, the battle was an uncoordinated disaster and in the midmorning a general retreat was called. It was the last attempt to capture the pocket.

  There was a lot of action around there at the end of the First Truce.  The Egyptians launched an offensive just before the Israelis launched an offensive.  Bang-bang-bang from June 8 to June 18.  Pretty bloody.  And the Egyptians did gave as good as they got, mostly.  Possibly too big and too much in terms of command-level problems for both sides.

Jason Petho

Lots to do then! That's great news!

Once things die down with the release, I'll finish up the map and get started on some new scenarios.

Thank you for the input!!
Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?

Nefaro


Crossroads

Started a little DAR with a 1973 scenario by the Suez Canal at the AAR forum, here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=14980.0

(how do I include the url inside text?)

Berto - no peeking!  :knuppel2:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Crossroads on October 03, 2015, 07:32:43 AM
Started a little DAR with a 1973 scenario by the Suez Canal at the AAR forum, here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=14980.0

(how do I include the url inside text?)

Berto - no peeking!  :knuppel2:

I'll be following....on the edge of making my purchase and this might help push it over the top:)

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Crossroads on October 03, 2015, 07:45:33 AM
No pressure then !!  :D

My purchase will be dictated by whether you win or not:)

Crossroads

Ha, a deal it is then! For I will lose for sure. I assume that is what you meant yes  :smitten:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Crossroads on October 03, 2015, 07:57:33 AM
Ha, a deal it is then! For I will lose for sure. I assume that is what you meant yes  :smitten:

I was purposely vague:)

Crossroads

It is all good. Any questions during the play just ask!
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Staggerwing

Crossroads, it look like you guys did an excellent job on this game!


Quote from: Crossroads on October 03, 2015, 07:32:43 AM


(how do I include the url inside text?)


Like this!

"Started a little DAR with a 1973 scenario by the Suez Canal at the AAR forum, here"

Click on this button above the text entry space: and put the word(s) you want visible between the url tags. Then put an equals sign (=) in the first tag with the actual URL right behind it. It will look like this:

(url=zombo.com)Hey you! Click here!(/url), except that all the ()s should be []s and you get this: Hey you! Click here!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

-budd-

Don't wait just buy it, excellent fun to be had. I'm playing the 121st campaign and having a rough go, 2 draws, 1 minor victory, 1 major victory and 1 major defeat and a lot of fun.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Crossroads

Thanks guys  :)

Thanks for the url tip too - that's my signature sorted, among other things.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

panzerde

I have to agree: if you are at all interested in the topic and turn-based wargames, you will enjoy this. There are a huge number of well-researched, challenging scenarios, units equipped with hundreds of different types of equipment, in battles fought over varied and challenging terrain.


You can do everything from small infantry actions involving irregular troops to full-on division sized armor clashes with air and artillery support. The manual is not only great in terms of playing the game, but there's a substantial section on modding, as well.


The mods Crossroads has released since the game went on sale are really nice, too. This is one that will stay on my hard drive for a long time...right along with the original Campaign Series.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Grim.Reaper

So I am really intrigued by the period and area covered, no issue there....one of the reasons I am undecided is I own the Mideast 67 game from HPS...never really got into it much, even though I liked the material.  I know this game is not the same, but I am concerned the same thing will happen with this game.  Not that I want to detract from this game, but if anyone owns both, can they tell me their opinion on the differences?