TWILIGHT STRUGGLE (closed beta) activating soon on Steam

Started by JasonPratt, September 24, 2015, 11:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ubercat

Looks like it worked after all. I've joined both of the games that you started. You're the Russians in both cases so it's your go to place your IP's.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Cyrano

Yep...let's do this :)...

TANKS WILL ROLL INTO THE WEST...really...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

Quote from: Cyrano on October 04, 2015, 09:20:57 AM
Yep...let's do this :)...

TANKS WILL ROLL INTO THE WEST...really...


You should keep this one handy:



Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Grim.Reaper

Finally....Single Player mode released just a little while ago for beta...I have A LOT of learning to do since I went through tutorial and very little made sense to me:) 

Cyrano

Given that they've evolved "A.I.s" for the other COIN card-based games, I guess it's not too surprising, but the A.I. in this one is pretty damned sharp.

There's a reason this was, until quite recently, the best game on BGG.  It may not be the greatest game of all time, but it's among them.

Cat, time to fire it up again, I think...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Grim.Reaper

They released a long email about how they implemented the AI so hopefully turns out to be a decent opponent.....

Somehow need to learn the rules of the game, the tutorial just did not click with me....maybe I'll get lucky and find the electronic rules of the board game somewhere on the web.  The map and playing surface really do look polished and nice so hopefully the actual gameplay is equally good.

Barthheart



Arctic Blast

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 12, 2016, 08:56:35 PM
Finally....Single Player mode released just a little while ago for beta...I have A LOT of learning to do since I went through tutorial and very little made sense to me:)

Excellent! This is what I've been waiting for. Now I can get comfortable with the UI before I'm pulverized by other human players.  :knuppel2:

Hofstadter

Im having trouble finding info about this game. Wheres its steam page or kickstarter.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Cyrano

I believe -- someone check me if I'm wrong -- that the BETA is only available to KS backers.

Given the condition, though, it shouldn't be long for release.

Now regretting not getting both the PC and iPad versions.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Grim.Reaper

Correct...only available for backers at the moment.

I am still embarrassed to say that I am having a hard time understaning the rules, even after reading the rule book and playing the tutorial...not sure why not clicking.

But I will not give up since seems like a fun game underneath:)

Ubercat

I must say that the AI is doing a fairly consistent job of winning so far. I'm not a master level player by any stretch but I do know how to play and I've only won 1 in 4 games at this point. In the most recent game I made the mistake of playing a card that let the AI use 1 OP point during my turn when DefCon was level 2. It couped a country and made me auto lose for triggering nuclear war!
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 14, 2016, 05:05:17 AM
Correct...only available for backers at the moment.

I am still embarrassed to say that I am having a hard time understaning the rules, even after reading the rule book and playing the tutorial...not sure why not clicking.

But I will not give up since seems like a fun game underneath:)

I'm up for a game via VASSAL or TableTop Sim if you want to go through a learning game or three.