Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Bison, May 15, 2012, 01:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 19, 2012, 06:54:31 PM
Have you considered introducing her to the idea of LARPing? You could start with a BoPeep and Wolf story... ;)

Kinky.  :P

Gusington

On paper it sounds good but she is so ground in reality it would never work. We're opposites.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Well started up nightmare level tonight with a random group, which was a good time.  There was another monk in the group.  It was pretty cool to be able to compare play styles and gear.

bob48

Quote from: Gusington on May 19, 2012, 06:47:16 PM
^That is romantic. Seriously. The Wife and I share few hobbies together since I am not fond of knitting and she is not fond of slaying demon hordes.

Maybe you could compromise and try knitting demon hordes?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Nefaro

.. or slaying with knitting needles and pet sweaters.

Gusington

^Good points. Punny! I am just about done with my first Warlock campaign and will probably start a Diablo campaign as a demon hunter later today. That is, if I don't feel the need to cleanse my gaming palette with some more historical gaming first.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on May 20, 2012, 12:37:41 PM
^Good points. Punny! I am just about done with my first Warlock campaign and will probably start a Diablo campaign as a demon hunter later today. That is, if I don't feel the need to cleanse my gaming palette with some more historical gaming first.

You are just going to sit by and let the hordes of hell go unpunished?  This inaction makes humanity sad.  So very, very sad.

Gusington

^I may. Depends how I feel. I've been reading runes, casting spells and leading armies of undead for a few weeks. I may need a break and have to lead the British Empire to greatness first, or help liberate Greece from the Turks. Variety is the spice of life!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Your going back and playing Empire Total War?

Gusington

Napoleon Total War, with the Darthmod and the National Revolutions mod that takes the game into the Age of Revolution, 1821-1848. Either Britain or Greece, depending on how cheeky I feel.

Unless the urge to jump into Diablo just grabs me and won't let go. I just haven't seen anyone post here on how amazing it is. Good, yes, but not amazing. Yet.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

After getting a short ways into Nightmare mode with my Witch Doctor, and dying fairly regularly from being two- or three-shotted, I decided to try out some of the other classes.

And good god is the Monk a fiend!  I'm damned sure he's the 800lb gorilla of the bunch and has a good deal of survivability.   After playing some of the others, it's like living without fear (and kiting). 

While the Barbarian may be fairly survivable, he doesn't seem to have the quick Get Out Of Jail Free abilities, either.  :-\

Bison

Well I finally got my first Legendary Item.  It dropped from a common monster go figure.  A pretty sweet belt called Goldwrap.

Monks are awesome!

Bison

Quote from: Nefaro on May 20, 2012, 01:03:39 PM
After getting a short ways into Nightmare mode with my Witch Doctor, and dying fairly regularly from being two- or three-shotted, I decided to try out some of the other classes.

I die a lot in nightmare.  Mobs hit harder and attacks like poison are DEADLY!  You might just need to grind for some better gear.  Also are you trying to max your primary stat at the expense of other stats and bonuses? 

Gusington

OK so I was weak and decided to start Diablo...it's a great mix of the Diablo I know and new powers, features and monsters. I just found Deckard Cain in the cathedral and have got to Level 6. There is a certain satisfaction the game illicits...moreso than Diablo 2, even though I am doing similar things as I did back then.

Playing as the Demon Hunter and love the perks and special powers. The rapid fire crossbow is totally ridiculously awesome.

Easy to see how Diablo 3 can become addictive. Game looks great and sounds great...reminds me a lot of my musical guilty pleasure, Enigma.

All in all a good first 90 minutes :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Kushan

Quote from: Bison on May 20, 2012, 03:05:00 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 20, 2012, 01:03:39 PM

I die a lot in nightmare.  Mobs hit harder and attacks like poison are DEADLY!  You might just need to grind for some better gear.  Also are you trying to max your primary stat at the expense of other stats and bonuses?

Think you die a lot in nightmare, wait till you get to hell mode. You'll be spending a good amount of time dead. Although I do like the difficulty of hell, that is were the game has really gotten good IMO. Its really forced me to get out of the pattern of stop, rapid fire, move to next group mentality I was in for normal and most of nightmare.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play