Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Bison, May 15, 2012, 01:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on May 23, 2012, 07:30:53 PM

My biggest issue is that I've out grown my gear.   If I go slow and steady instead of a headlong charge into the fire, I'm fine.  It's the add-ons with either fire or poison attack that wipe the floor with my warm corpse.

Yeah, you can't get too far behind in loot on the higher difficulties.  But I thought the biggest hump was when first starting Nightmare (on 2 characters).  That really makes you take notice of the slots you've let languish for a bit.  After getting up to speed, though, it was back to cruisin' through stuff again for me. 

My 3rd character through Normal mode is the Demon Hunter, which is quite a glass cannon but dayum the DPS is crazy.  Kill stuff so fast, they rarely touch you.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: LongBlade on May 23, 2012, 03:34:17 PM
Quote from: Bison on May 23, 2012, 03:09:26 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on May 23, 2012, 07:53:50 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 23, 2012, 12:16:39 AM
I finally ended up using the Auction Market to get a high end bow. I've been able to craft most of my armor, and grabbed some sweet drops to fill in the rest. But I hadn't been able to land a really badass bow to match. But I bought one, and I've got a bid in on a second.

What kind of money are you talking about?

In game gold.

Ah.

So I shouldn't be blowing all my game gold on leveling up the blacksmith?

Actually, leveling up the blacksmith worked out well for me in terms of armor. I just couldn't get a bow.

And of course, after buying one I then received a Legendary drop crossbow. But it wasn't as good as the one I bought, so I'm selling that bad boy.  ;D

Nefaro

I mostly levelled my Blacksmith & Gemcrafter (Lo Pan!) on my first character.  It was also the most useful on that one as I expanded my Stash slots and tuck away the Rares I get, for use by the other character classes I'll eventually get there (maybe).

On subsequent characters, it only rarely gets used to fill lacking slots - much of it is filled with yellows previously found.

EDIT:  I've laid off playing during peak hours, in the evening, because I'm still seeing some small latency spikes.  They're enough to occasionally make me warp, but the most annoying is when I hit a mouse button/key to fire a skill and it doesn't go off.   >:(  In action-y games like this, it needs to be reliable & quick.  Having to repeatedly hammer a skill to get it to fire once, is frustrating.  The Hardcore players are up in arms about it, understandably.

LongBlade

Quote from: Nefaro on May 24, 2012, 09:24:34 AM
EDIT:  I've laid off playing during peak hours, in the evening, because I'm still seeing some small latency spikes.  They're enough to occasionally make me warp, but the most annoying is when I hit a mouse button/key to fire a skill and it doesn't go off.   >:(  In action-y games like this, it needs to be reliable & quick.  Having to repeatedly hammer a skill to get it to fire once, is frustrating.  The Hardcore players are up in arms about it, understandably.

This is wholly self-inflicted. There is no excuse for needing to go online to play the game solo. None.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Nefaro on May 24, 2012, 09:24:34 AM
The Hardcore players are up in arms about it, understandably.

I don't doubt it, but everyone bought the bloody game anyway, it's even broken records apparently.  So Blizzard aren't going to give a shit about what they will call the vocal minority.  I do wish gamers would stand up to this kind of crap.

Gusington

^Too late now. I used to care more about it myself until it was obvious that it didn't matter.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

^You know what? I'm starting to care again. I can't play right now because I cannot download an update according to the game and there is something wrong with my internet connection (there isn't).

grrrr...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I haven't had any real big issues since the first few days following release.  There are lag spikes occasionally, but nothing out of line with normal online games.

I do enjoy playing solo for some solitude, but the game is really special when you find a group of players who have a similar approach to the game.  I like to make sure I bash every container, over turn every rock and dead body and kill every monster in search of loot.  If I end up in a group of players who skip to the major events or only do the random dungeons, I'll leave game and find a new one.

Gusington

I managed to get the game updated finally and then played for an hour. Thing is so addicting. Anyone playing with a partner NPC? I've partnered up with the templar.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I ended up partnering with the Enchantress.  Her skills just seemed to match better with my monk.

Gusington

^She's hawt too isn't she...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Nefaro

I was wondering which of the voice actresses have the sexiest voice.   I think it's gotta be the Female Demon Hunter.

Damn.. I've spent too much time with this lately.   :-*

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on May 24, 2012, 08:21:20 PM
I managed to get the game updated finally and then played for an hour. Thing is so addicting. Anyone playing with a partner NPC? I've partnered up with the templar.

I've spent the most time with the Templar, too. You can turn him in to a monster melee guy with bonuses that help him wade in, which mixes well with you blasting arrows from the outside.

Nefaro

The Templar's nice because he will occasionally give you a small heal.  His DPS is junk, even compared to the rest of them. 

The biggest benefit these windbag sidekicks give are their buffs & debuffs IMO.  Notable options are the Templars health regen (and aforementioned heals of course), the Rogue's Crit Chance bonus, and the Enchantress' Attack Speed bonus.  Also, when you give them stuff that gives you Magic Find or bonus XP, for example, you'll a small portion of that carried over to your own stats - not much though.

I got sick of the Templar as a companion because I found  his rambling annoying pretty quickly.  While the rogue is halfway amusing (and I still hear new stuff from him triggered by unusual environment situations), and the Enchantress talks the least of all.  Their repetitiveness gets tiresome after awhile, and that's the reason I like the rogue - he seems to have more variety.