Wasteland 2: Director's Cut

Started by Nefaro, October 13, 2015, 03:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Just released today!

Free for those of us who own original Wasteland 2. 

The new edition has numerous changes to the game.  Something about skills and/or character advancement changes, graphics, difficulty options, etc etc.  Weighs in at close to 15GB.

Be aware that it requires 64-bit OS to run.  You guys aren't running antiques are you?


Rayfer

Quote from: Nefaro on October 13, 2015, 03:06:19 PM
Just released today!

Free for those of us who own original Wasteland 2. 

The new edition has numerous changes to the game.  Something about skills and/or character advancement changes, graphics, difficulty options, etc etc.  Weighs in at close to 15GB.

Be aware that it requires 64-bit OS to run.  You guys aren't running antiques are you?

And if I read it correctly on Steam, it's a full new game, not a patch to the first version. But as you wrote, free to those who owned the first. Saved games from the original are not compatible with the new release.

Huw the Poo


reapagan

Huge improvement on graphics, and gameplay. Well worth playing now.     

spelk

Also available on the consoles now, PS4.

Gusington

#5
I'm attempting to wait for the holiday sale. No really. Shut up.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

spelk

Quote from: Gusington on October 13, 2015, 04:53:13 PM
I'm attempting to wait for the holiday sale. No really. Shut up.

Why wait, you can't play games when you're dead! ;)

Buy now, play now! Pay the bills in the afterlife... (p.s. there is NO afterlife! woohoo!)

sandman2575

Quote from: reapagan on October 13, 2015, 04:39:46 PM
Huge improvement on graphics, and gameplay. Well worth playing now.   


Hmm, may need to install this after all. Gave up on the original after not getting too far...just didn't hold my attention for whatever reason.

Anyway I need something post-apocalyptical to tide me over til Fallout 4 arrives...

Gusington

^And that's in a little more than a month...and it's set in Boston, which is almost as good as New York. I might have to defer to Fallout 4 even though I have yet to play New Vegas :/
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

Quote from: Gusington on October 13, 2015, 05:08:43 PM
^And that's in a little more than a month...and it's set in Boston

My home town  8)   but still strikes me as an odd choice of setting...

Can't wait to see what they did to Fenway...

eyebiter

Is this the complete version, or is more DLC expected?

BanzaiCat

Is this an automatic download on Steam to update the game, or do you need to do it in the game?

I haven't played much of it and uninstalled it a while ago. My rig is old but it's a 64-bit system at least.

I've been wanting to try it for a long time but I feel like I need a lot of uninterrupted time to truly enjoy it.

Rayfer

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 14, 2015, 06:58:33 AM
Is this an automatic download on Steam to update the game, or do you need to do it in the game?

I haven't played much of it and uninstalled it a while ago. My rig is old but it's a 64-bit system at least.

I've been wanting to try it for a long time but I feel like I need a lot of uninterrupted time to truly enjoy it.

It's a new game entirely, not a patch or dlc.  It should show up in your library to download. The original game will still be there too and can be downloaded and played separately from this new version.

bboyer66

You cant transfer a saved game from the original to the new version, which pisses me off to no end considering I am probably about 50% through the original game.


Rayfer

Quote from: bboyer66 on October 14, 2015, 07:45:29 AM
You cant transfer a saved game from the original to the new version, which pisses me off to no end considering I am probably about 50% through the original game.

True, I feel your pain...but you can finish that game and download and play the new one at the same time.