Main Menu

I'm FRIDAY, Da Ba Dee

Started by undercovergeek, October 16, 2015, 05:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on October 18, 2015, 12:44:54 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 18, 2015, 12:00:57 PM
Got it.  Thanks again, buddy.  I'm going to have to read through your Austria AAR soon!

Its really a shame that the last round of DLC broke save games. I've played Austria 5-6+ times and that one was by far the best. I probably could have reverted my version of EUIV but it also made significant changes to the HRE.

I have a few different titles in which I'm regularly unable to continue my current progress after patches. 

It's disappointing enough to make me shelve them when it happens.  Some of them offer the capability of reverting back to the previous version to continue but I expect to have other problems when doing so, and if another patch comes along again it may be a lost cause anyway.

Gusington

Thanks guys. Hoping to fire up a CKII Count Tepes campaign in the next few days :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 18, 2015, 12:00:57 PM
Got it.  Thanks again, buddy.  I'm going to have to read through your Austria AAR soon!

as someone who played Morroco, Portugal can be a real PITA about lands there - i think they have claims on most of the northern coast

Kushan

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 18, 2015, 02:55:46 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 18, 2015, 12:00:57 PM
Got it.  Thanks again, buddy.  I'm going to have to read through your Austria AAR soon!

as someone who played Morroco, Portugal can be a real PITA about lands there - i think they have claims on most of the northern coast

and Persistent. There's been more then a few times when I've played Castile and they go after Morocco where I will accept their call and do nothing.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

undercovergeek

yup, put paid to my game as Morocco - they come again and again and again and again and again - with the help of England and Spain too, i would normally cede the land, go elsewhere and get big enough to kick Portugals ass but their relentless waves of attacks werent making the game that enjoyable

Bison

Played a couple of games with my rookie league manager career game in OOTP.  The Reds GM is killing me with not sending over some prospects to develop some infield talent.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on October 18, 2015, 03:46:56 PM
Played a couple of games with my rookie league manager career game in OOTP.  The Reds GM is killing me with not sending over some prospects to develop some infield talent.

One of the problems with OOTP is letting the AI manage where the minor league talent goes.  It tends to just drop most of the newcomers into one of their numerous minor league teams and lets that one build up too many players (who are then not getting enough play time) while all the others are starving for new blood. 

The AI has done that ever since I started playing OOTP.  I guess it's not been a priority for them to improve the Minors roster management for the AI. *shrug*   

People probably get sick of it and do the shuffling themselves, when running a Major League team, but I don't think there's hope for you if you are playing a Minors team since the AI will be running the player acquisition and placement for the whole organization you're in.  :(

MetalDog

Quote from: Bison on October 18, 2015, 03:46:56 PM
Played a couple of games with my rookie league manager career game in OOTP.  The Reds GM is killing me with not sending over some prospects to develop some infield talent.

No Royals?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on October 18, 2015, 04:16:52 PM
Quote from: Bison on October 18, 2015, 03:46:56 PM
Played a couple of games with my rookie league manager career game in OOTP.  The Reds GM is killing me with not sending over some prospects to develop some infield talent.

No Royals?

I played a Royals GM game last time for about 20 seasons.  This time I want to see how high up the chain I can go as a manager.

Bison

Quote from: Nefaro on October 18, 2015, 04:15:58 PM
Quote from: Bison on October 18, 2015, 03:46:56 PM
Played a couple of games with my rookie league manager career game in OOTP.  The Reds GM is killing me with not sending over some prospects to develop some infield talent.

One of the problems with OOTP is letting the AI manage where the minor league talent goes.  It tends to just drop most of the newcomers into one of their numerous minor league teams and lets that one build up too many players (who are then not getting enough play time) while all the others are starving for new blood. 

The AI has done that ever since I started playing OOTP.  I guess it's not been a priority for them to improve the Minors roster management for the AI. *shrug*   

People probably get sick of it and do the shuffling themselves, when running a Major League team, but I don't think there's hope for you if you are playing a Minors team since the AI will be running the player acquisition and placement for the whole organization you're in.  :(

Yeah I'm managing a rookie league, so I expect I'll see some new talent once they do the international and regular drafts.

undercovergeek

bought a few cheap upgrades for my asp in elite, then took on as many lucrative transport missions as possible - went from 100k back to 1.1 million in an hour - i dont know whether its the game or the ship but i attracted a lot more interdictions this time, armed for the first time in ages i decided to attempt escape but if i failed i was ready - won 3 interdiction battles, as it turns out these were against system police trying to scan the illegal goods in the cargo hold, and lost one - an AI sidewinder - melted in seconds with the gimballed beam lasers - now back at what i consider to be my home port - Ehecatl, hive of scum and villainy, short hop to a high tech system to buy upgrades, short hop to a battle zone needing weapons to be shipped in, and a short hop to a station paying a fortune in slaves - my main cargo

back to feeling like this game could have me for years

Huw the Poo

Portugal won their war against Morocco and gained about six of their provinces - nasty!  As soon as my armies were back home and back to full manpower I checked war exhaustion - which I was pleasantly surprised to find at 0% - and immediately declared war on Grenada, with the conquest of one of their provinces as my war goal.  I called Portugal to the war, which wasn't really necessary but thought their ships might help blockade if nothing else.  As it happens, while I concentrated my army in Grenada's capital Portugal swiftly conquered the other two provinces on either side.

Grenada now have no standing army and a garrison of around 1.5K men at their capital.  The siege has just entered phase 7.  Hopefully the province will be under my control within a year and I'll sue for peace, hopefully claiming all three provinces as tribute but at the very least the province that was my war goal.  Sadly I had to end the session before the conclusion of the siege because it's bed time.

I'm having a lot of fun with this!  Thanks again to Kushan for the tips and to Bison for making sure I play no other game this weekend! O0

Kushan

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 18, 2015, 05:39:20 PM
bought a few cheap upgrades for my asp in elite, then took on as many lucrative transport missions as possible - went from 100k back to 1.1 million in an hour - i dont know whether its the game or the ship but i attracted a lot more interdictions this time, armed for the first time in ages i decided to attempt escape but if i failed i was ready - won 3 interdiction battles, as it turns out these were against system police trying to scan the illegal goods in the cargo hold, and lost one - an AI sidewinder - melted in seconds with the gimballed beam lasers - now back at what i consider to be my home port - Ehecatl, hive of scum and villainy, short hop to a high tech system to buy upgrades, short hop to a battle zone needing weapons to be shipped in, and a short hop to a station paying a fortune in slaves - my main cargo

back to feeling like this game could have me for years

Don't think its just you. Posted this in the Elite thread but last night I was being interdicted literally every 5-10 seconds, happened about 20 times on the same run. Managed to break one of them, lost all the others. Not sure how I was losing so many since most part I was still losing even when I was right on the exit vector. But I'd lose, then the interdicting ship wouldn't attack me. The one time I attacked it I got flagged as wanted. It fly around I would wait for my FSD to cool down and leave only to have it happen again. After the 20th time I just Alt-F4 out of the game.

Only been interdicted twice today so I don't have a good feel if the overall chance has been increased or not.

My experience since I started playing again the other night has been mixed. This morning I got sent on one of the go to this system and kill x amount of y missions. In my case to hunt bounty hunters. Spent a few hours hunting around the system in question, extraction sites, signal sources, etc. Didn't see any, but I did make about a 1 million in bounties from killing pirates in the resource extraction zones with the system security ships to back be up.

This afternoon I ran imperial slaves to the imperial capital for the gifts for the emperor community event. Get there with my hold full of slaves and didn't see a way to sign up for the event. Go check online and after some searching I find outs its already over with because the goals got met. Probably wasn't going to make a difference in my Cobra but still feels like I wasted my time but hey at least I can say I've been to the imperial capital now.

That all being said the game is still great.  I need to start working on finding a lucrative trade route so I can upgrade from my Cobra.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Gusington

Stymied by Dragon Age - Inquisition I fired up Shadow of Mordor again for the first time in months. After about an hour to relearn the mechanics I started grooving again...it really is a solid game. And you know what - it's pretty dark and scary too. Perfect for this time of year for when you don't know what to play but what to be kinda sorta frightened. I even killed off one of my revenge targets :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on October 18, 2015, 04:24:58 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 18, 2015, 04:15:58 PM
Quote from: Bison on October 18, 2015, 03:46:56 PM
Played a couple of games with my rookie league manager career game in OOTP.  The Reds GM is killing me with not sending over some prospects to develop some infield talent.

One of the problems with OOTP is letting the AI manage where the minor league talent goes.  It tends to just drop most of the newcomers into one of their numerous minor league teams and lets that one build up too many players (who are then not getting enough play time) while all the others are starving for new blood. 

The AI has done that ever since I started playing OOTP.  I guess it's not been a priority for them to improve the Minors roster management for the AI. *shrug*   

People probably get sick of it and do the shuffling themselves, when running a Major League team, but I don't think there's hope for you if you are playing a Minors team since the AI will be running the player acquisition and placement for the whole organization you're in.  :(

Yeah I'm managing a rookie league, so I expect I'll see some new talent once they do the international and regular drafts.


That AI behavior may still be an issue. 

As I alluded to, the AI running your head organization will dump most of their draftees into a single team, at each minor league level, and overload it while the others get very little or even nothing. 

Maybe they improved it with this years' OOTP (I've not played the latest yet) but that's how the AI handled it's new minor league player allotment for at least the last 3 previous OOTP versions, and likely more.

Better hope you're the one team at that minor level which gets them all.