Pillars of Eternity Rep and levelling

Started by Pelenise, October 16, 2015, 12:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pelenise

I have started playing Pillars of Eternity,  and I am use to seeing Rep and levelling on my screen,  is there anyway I can find this in PoE,  as there some bad bosses I would like to kill, >:D
If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

How very little can be done under the spirit of fear.

Sir Slash

Look in the Journal, then Beastiary and whatever monsters you've fought are listed there along with their level. At first there will be very little info until you've fought several of them and then the info will fill in. The more you fight, the more you know about a monster including strengths and weaknesses. But it is wise to avoid a fight against something you think might be too tough as the game will throw some difficult fights at you even early on.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pelenise

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

How very little can be done under the spirit of fear.

Sir Slash

Your own characters can be checked-out in the "Characters" screen to see all their skills and damage modifiers and how close to going up a level they are. Hope this is what you were asking about.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Bison

#4
The Rep is your reputation with factions and you personal dispositions.  As you perform actions or choices in dialogue you get reputation/dispostion points.  You can check your current reputation/disposition points on your character screen.  Not all NPCs, both party and story, like the same reputations, so it'll cause different responses in dialogue from characters.  Sometimes this means you talk out a situation sometimes you fight it out.  Also you earn reputation with towns and family houses, same thing but here you might see discount bonuses from vendors for example.  It's really discussed in the character creation part and I don't think there is a note on reputations in the journal, which is pretty shitty.  I haven't read the manual so it might be in there too.  You could go here http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Reputation, but I don't click around the site just because it's full of spoilers.  This page is ok and doesn't spoil any story lines.  Just be warned if you don't want the content spoiled.

Pelenise

Thanks Bison,  and I'm going there with my eyes shut :buck2: don't want to know the spoilers
If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

How very little can be done under the spirit of fear.