Main Menu

Dirt Rally

Started by Toonces, October 22, 2015, 06:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

The only Groghead showing in my Steam friends list who owns this is JD.  Anyone, including JD, have any experience with the game to give it a thumbs up?  It looks pretty good and the feedback on Steam is pretty positive.  It's 33% off and since I don't have any rally racing games I'm thinking of jumping in.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310560/



Ah Bloody Hell I am going to have to get this- that looks fantastic!  And I'm pretty sure I saw a Subie in there at some point!   :smitten:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Easiest Grogheads thread evar.  I just bought it and am installing now.  Should be good to go for tomorrow.  Bring on the Friday thread!  And the Scotch!  And the women!   >:D

I can't wait to throw that Subie around those winter tracks.  Man alive that looks like fun.   :buck2:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Silent Disapproval Robot

I have it.  It's good but very, very tough.  I don't have a wheel so I've been driving with my joystick.  The force feedback effects are great but joystick driving is not easy.

Gusington

That's a Subaru right there in the still shot of your video, BRAH.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I think he figured it out already. :))

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

FlickJax

Oh heck, could have done without this but dont think i will be able to resist!!!!

Toonces

Man this game looks fantastic but it is really hard.  I was playing it with an Xbox-type controller and what a mess.  I'm going to have to hook up my wheel to give it a proper go.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

FlickJax

same here, my wheel is about 15 years out of date though :)

Yskonyn

It's getting praise even on the more hardcore racing forums, so I guess it has a bright future. People are pretty surprised too that Codemasters now seem to be able to pull of a sim-like Rally game even. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Toonces

So I hooked up the wheel and gave this another go for about an hour today.  It is just stupidly hard.  The force feedback on my wheel was not working- not sure why- and without that it was almost unplayable even with my wheel.  I'm sure it's mostly user error but the car is just so loose on the track that it is impossible to drive well.  I had stability and traction assists cranked to 4 out of 5 (5=easiest) and it was still a beast to keep the car on the road.

Clearly I need a lot more practice, but for now I'm going to take a break.  Also, having the wheel hooked up is uber-disruptive so I kind of have to commit to a lot of driving before I hook it all up.  Maybe tomorrow or next weekend.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs