Jomni travels to Japan (2015)

Started by jomni, October 31, 2015, 12:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

I've had two separate incidents of an elevator getting stuck between floors while I was in it.  The first time the emergency phone in the box wasn't sending outgoing calls either, so all I got to hear was "hello? hello?" on the other end before someone eventually decided to come check 20 minutes later, after repeated calls.

Thankfully wasn't very crowded either time.  With my past elevator luck, I'd probably start to panic in a sardine situation.

jomni

My hand was caught in between some guy's groin and another guy's butt.

LongBlade

Quote from: jomni on November 02, 2015, 08:28:27 PM
My hand was caught in between some guy's groin and another guy's butt.

Hey, we don't judge.

Have you met Gus yet?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: LongBlade on November 02, 2015, 05:39:50 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 02, 2015, 05:29:36 PM
aaaaah - that explains it

for the last 15 years i have got in lifts in London hotels that are packed in like sardines - but no, at every stop on every floor theres always a Japanese family happy to try and squeeze in, despite the occassional

'theres clearly no fkng room, step back!!!' shouts from the back of the lift, nothing will deter them

i see now they experience this everyday!!

I used to live in Japan (only for a year, SDR is our resident expert).

A "full" elevator in the west is only about a quarter full by Japanese standards.



You just didn't look scary enough.  I could be on a completely packed train but I'd still have a little gaijin bubble of space around me most of the time.  The shaved head and goatee I sported at the time probably helped.

jomni

Haha gaijin bubble. Too bad I don't look gaijin enough.

LongBlade

Quote from: jomni on November 03, 2015, 02:37:35 AM
Haha gaijin bubble. Too bad I don't look gaijin enough.

I'm sure you did. You just didn't realize it. Once you spend enough time over there it's becomes fairly easy to figure out - if not by looks than demeanor.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.