Uses for a P-38

Started by bayonetbrant, November 01, 2015, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

DoctorQuest

Fun.

I read the title and asked myself whether this is about the aircraft or the Walther pistol.

When i was a kid my mom got a hold of some surplus K-rations. I know those of you with military experience wouldn't think that's a big deal but as a kid it was sort of fun. I remember learning to use the P-38 to open the cans.

Good article. Thanks for sharing.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Greybriar

I never would have dreamed there were so many uses for a P-38. I only used mine to open the cans in my C-rations. I kept mine for a souvenir.

Thanks for sharing.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Centurion40

I've misplaced all of mine over the years.  :(  Now I really want one!! I'll have to visit an army surplus store soon!
Any time is a good time for pie.

bayonetbrant

You can also get them at many camping stores, and the local Boy Scout council store, too.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Centurion40

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 02, 2015, 09:18:20 AM
You can also get them at many camping stores, and the local Boy Scout council store, too.

Woohoo!
Any time is a good time for pie.

JasonPratt

Quote from: DoctorQuest on November 01, 2015, 12:39:09 PM
Fun.

I read the title and asked myself whether this is about the aircraft or the Walther pistol.

This +1.  8)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!