FRIDAY Is the Best Way To Travel

Started by MetalDog, November 06, 2015, 01:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Working nights all weekend.  Hopefully my drunken Brits will manage to actually hit something with their bombs in my PBEM game of Wing Leader against Bart.

Watching Stagger blindly fly around in circles as he tries to spot my bombers in our forum based game of Nightfighter.


Filling out reams of paperwork for my stupid provincial job certification board (more like a medieval guild, especially in when it comes to their archaic filing practices) so I can write the certification exam and level up!

Maybe some Risen 3.


W8taminute

Quote from: jamus34 on November 06, 2015, 10:07:19 AM
A friend passed away yesterday so waiting to here on arrangements for that. Otherwise when I can would like to try to get in some CK2, EU 4, Vicky 2 and maybe some PoE (both eternity and exile)

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  Was your friendship close? 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Kushan

Its a Blizzard weekend for me. Blizzon is this weekend, so while I'm watching the live stream of it I'll be playing some Diablo 3 and the Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void preview missions.

There will also be my usual weekend CMANO stream and scenario work and some World of Warships.

I was tempted to load up Skyrim, Dragon Age 3, or buy The Witcher 3 but with Fallout 4 out Tuesday there's no point to starting an RPG that's just going to get thrown aside in a few days.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

MetalDog

Quote from: Toonces on November 06, 2015, 07:49:38 AM
MD, you really gotta play something besides Civ IV...branch out a little.  Life is too short to confine yourself to one game!

I hear ya', Drivin' Cat.  It's not that I lack for games, it's just the familiarity and comfort that brings me back.  That, and I have a friend who is RELENTLESS about playing this mp with me.

Quote from: TacticalWargames on November 06, 2015, 03:14:42 PM
Superb album that!!

Thank you, sir!  One of my faves (of which I probably have hundreds depending on day, mood, time of day, circumstance, etc. ad infinitum).
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

KyzBP

For the first time in months I have a free weekend!!!  I'll be trying to keep up with UnderCoverGeek in our WiTP:AE PBEM.  After that though, I'm open to suggestions.  I've been staring at all my games but none of them are grabbing me. 

jamus34

Quote from: W8taminute on November 06, 2015, 06:49:15 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on November 06, 2015, 10:07:19 AM
A friend passed away yesterday so waiting to here on arrangements for that. Otherwise when I can would like to try to get in some CK2, EU 4, Vicky 2 and maybe some PoE (both eternity and exile)

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  Was your friendship close?

It was a co-worker who was more friend to me than workmate. We both had kids around the same ages so we would compare notes, share pictures and stuff like that. Plus I ended up getting her hooked on the Dresden Files books.

Yesterday was not a fun day and I ended it with an extremely large glass of Bushmills on the rocks to try to forget it.

Thank you for the concern though.
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

Sorry for your loss, jamus.  Maybe another Bushmills?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Toonces

Man I just don't have the brain power for BMS this late at night on a Friday.

I'm going to pull back 100 years and go with some Scourge of War instead.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Ubercat

Quote from: jamus34 on November 06, 2015, 07:50:00 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on November 06, 2015, 06:49:15 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on November 06, 2015, 10:07:19 AM
A friend passed away yesterday so waiting to here on arrangements for that. Otherwise when I can would like to try to get in some CK2, EU 4, Vicky 2 and maybe some PoE (both eternity and exile)

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  Was your friendship close?

It was a co-worker who was more friend to me than workmate. We both had kids around the same ages so we would compare notes, share pictures and stuff like that. Plus I ended up getting her hooked on the Dresden Files books.

Yesterday was not a fun day and I ended it with an extremely large glass of Bushmills on the rocks to try to forget it.

Thank you for the concern though.

I'm sorry for your loss.

My best friend of 26 years was a fan of Bushmills. The last time I saw him he came up here for a weekend visit before moving overseas, he brought a bottle up and drank most of it before forgetting it when he left. He died two years ago (anniversary in 13 more days) and the bottle is still in the pantry with about 2-3 shots that he left. One of these days I'll finish it for him but I'm not ready yet.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

#42
So I couldn't get SoW to sandbox me a decent scenario so I booted up BMS after all.  Hot damn does BMS friggin' rock!   :smitten:

I can hardly do crap at this point, especially in any other jets, so I flew the KF-16 exclusively in the Rolling Fire Korea campaign, flying air-air missions only.  Wow.  Just wow.  The whole game from start to finish is just amazing. 

THIS is the reason I bought an Obutto and all this damn flight sim hardware.  Hell yeah!   O0
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Airborne Rifles

CMANO for me. I'll be finishing up my NI: Bardufoss Blues AAR and hopefully starting on the next one, Trondheim Express.

Kushan

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play