On my own, here we FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, November 13, 2015, 07:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rekim

The recent release of BMS-4.33 for Falcon 4 inspired me to break out the soldering iron to attempt a repair on the USB cable for my Saitek Pro Rudders that my Jack Russell puppy decided to chew clean in half. To my amazement the amateur patch up appears to be working. Will spend some time with the new manuals and see if I can't relearn how to land this puppy.

Otherwise, thinking of starting a 1939 game of HOI 3 (vanilla) as the Soviets. Want to try an all infantry tech/production in the first year with a deeper/thinner line of defence. Last time I got creamed despite a slight delay to the start of Op Barbarossa. Am tempted to start a new game of 7 Days to Die, but with a major upgrade just about to be released (A13) I should probably make use of this excuse to spend some computer gaming time elsewhere.

I have some half played wargames on the tables in the back room (RAF & ASL) but don't expect they'll get much love this weekend while I'm changing over from night shift to day shift mode.

BanzaiCat

Going to do some more of the VASSAL version of Fleet Commander Nimitz for my AAR. Also some Half-Life, which I never played before. It was on sale on Steam with a ton of other Half-Life games (HL2, Ch1, Ch2, etc.).

Toonces

I've got a hankering to do some no-kidding hex and counter wargaming today.  Unfortunately I have a huge hole in my gaming collection for that type of gaming.  Something like The Operational Art of War would probably be perfect.

So I'm going to take the easy route and do some BMS Falcon and maybe some ARMA 3 mods.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Arctic Blast

Some buddies at work were talking about WildStar, so...I am officially dipping my toes in the MMO pool. Luckily, it's free. And it doesn't seem like much content has been removed. So far, I dig it. How long I stick with it likely depends on how long the rest of them are involved.

Gusington

I don't ever remember fighting until a draw was called in TW...

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

I do .. but it's been a very long time.

Toonces

I cannot believe how much simple-minded fun I am having with Armored Warfare using the free T-62.  I can't get enough!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Huw the Poo

#37
Lots of The Last Federation for me, trying out the new expansion.  I forgot how good the soundtrack to this game is.

I just bought, and was fully intending to play tonight, Shadows of Mordor until I saw that it's a forty one gigabyte download!  I guess I'll leave that one running overnight...

Some Insurgency as usual.

Oh, and earlier this week I picked up Spec Ops: The Line and have been really enjoying it.  It really scratches that "switch off the brain and enjoy the ride" itch.

P.S. Good choice of song, MetalDog.  That happens to be the very song I chose this morning to introduce my kids to Green Day. O0

MetalDog

You're a good father, Huw :)  O0
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on November 14, 2015, 08:16:56 PM
I don't ever remember fighting until a draw was called in TW...



Wish I could play this..but no matter what I try and how many times I reinstall, when I start "Attila" i get a "steam cannot be accessed...is it running?" Message. Even if I use the Rome 2 launcher. Sigh
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

That's weird...I assume you've installed/uninstalled...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Yep. Tried using another launcher, screwing with admin access...everything. I used to be able to play it without mods by launching the Rome 2 launcher but clicking on Atilla in the menu. Freezes up now. Shame because I'm a TW junkie
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

Hmm never heard of this problem anywhere else...it vexes me. I am vexed.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd