So I have 217 games in my Steam catalog...

Started by Toonces, November 18, 2015, 05:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

and of those I have about 12 installed and maybe played 30 at some point.

I thought that was bad.

Then I went over to GoG to buy IL-2 and realized I have 48 games sitting in my library over there, of which I currently have 1 installed.   ::)

I don't even want to think about what my library at Matrix adds to my uninstalled/unplayed collection.   :-[

It really has helped my game buying, knowing that at any given time I have at least 200 games I've never even played sitting in my library awaiting their chance to shine.  Pathetic, truly pathetic.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Huw the Poo

I think we can all say more or less the same, mate.  To this day I haven't understood why we do this.  Myself, I just never seem to be in the mood for any particular game, so instead I'll just buy another one because surely that will be The One, right?  Pfft.

Every now and again a real gem will come along and hook me for a while.  Currently I'm smitten with Shadow of Mordor.  I'm sure I'll be sick of it by this time next week though.

I wish I had a solution, but at least I can assure you that you aren't on your own.

JasonPratt

Sometimes real life changes my gaming plans. I was previously planning to try a less-humorous DAR of Kaiju-a-Go-Go (using one of the new skins for Ginormousaur which turns it into an Alienesque skeleton) to talk about how horrifyingly evil playing this game is as you terrorize cities and eventually continents into submission by killing civilians where they live as the enemy of the world.

Then Friday the 13th happened.  ::)  :buck2: Yeah, not so much interested in doing that 'for fun' now....
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

This thread makes me feel better about myself with about 110 games on Steam, about 25 installed right now and about 10 that I have never played at all.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

WallysWorld

52 games on my Steam account with 39 installed. I feel like an amateur compared to others.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

sandman2575

I'm hoping Jarhead and Judge Dredd will weigh in here...   ;)

Also Nefaro

tgb

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 18, 2015, 06:13:03 PM
.  Myself, I just never seem to be in the mood for any particular game, so instead I'll just buy another one because surely that will be The One, right?  Pfft.


That's so me.  I call it gaming ADD.  Which leaves me with 295 in my Steam library and 75 installed (doesn't mean I spend any time playing them however).

The ubiquitousness of sales doesn't help.

-budd-

Hi I'm budd, i have a gaming problem

Steam=248
GG=24
GOG=25
Matrix=36

there's also some HPS,Battlefront, games from developers sites, ect, ect.

At least the GG, GOG games i've got some play time in on all the games, steam probably 1/4th i've never installed.

When  does the holiday sale start again :uglystupid2:
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

#8
Quote from: sandman2575 on November 18, 2015, 07:04:08 PM
I'm hoping Jarhead and Judge Dredd will weigh in here...   ;)

Also Nefaro


I have 317 in Steam alone.

Probably another 130+ on Gamersgate although some of those are crossovers with Steam keys and/or bundle deals.

105 at GOG.

Another 60 to 80 between places like Matrix, Desura, etc.









EDIT:

This also doesn't count all the MMOs and Free-To-Plays I downloaded directly from the publisher.  That probably adds up to at least a dozen.

sandman2575

Some impressive numbers I'm seeing posted here. I clearly underestimated tgb and budd. Nef I had pegged though  :)

I'm definitely in A-ball compared to some of you major leaguers.  70 Steam games, 44 installed.

Surprising winner in terms of hours played:  Sword of the Stars II, clocking in at 147 hours.  (CKII is a close second at 143 hrs.)  I seriously love SotSII, warts and all.

All this is a little deceptive, since it doesn't account for several non-Steam games that I've poured **way** too many hours into:  Combat Mission, Graviteam Tactics, Decisive Campaigns, Hearts of Iron I, II, III, Company of Heroes, OOTP, WitP:AE...

jamus34

356 steam games (well actually less since there's some extra files / expansions / DLC that I think is included)

94 GOG

maybe 4-5 matrix

some UBI and Origin but not really much compared to the other two (5-10 total and most of the UBI is also on steam)

Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Swatter

Wow...

I'm 33 games on Steam, 20 installed. I never buy a game I don't intend on playing hard.

Rayfer

140 on Steam....and I thought that was a lot.....not any longer.