I see a Friday on a one way corridor

Started by Jarhead0331, November 20, 2015, 06:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MengJiao

Quote from: Barthheart on November 20, 2015, 06:27:10 AM
Great choice JH. One of my favourite bands.

More Wing Leader with SDR.
More VASSAL work.
Maybe some CiV.  ;)
Might break out Uboat Leader again, it's been awhile and I like the game.

Maybe some Wing Leader.  Definitely some Armored Warfare (Open Beta).

WallysWorld

Arma 2
Fallout 3
Victoria 2 playing as Greece
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

sandman2575

Quote from: WallysWorld on November 20, 2015, 11:15:16 AM
Fallout 3

You're playing the wrong Fallout!! 

;)

(I loves me some Vicky 2, though I haven't played in a long while. I pray that, once Hearts of Iron IV and Stellaris come out, Victoria 3 gets announced as Pdox's next big project.)

undercovergeek

i need to check out Victoria 2 - one of the paradox lines ive completely ignored

Swatter

I'm going to give Pride of Nations another try, even though it requires a super computer to run properly. I would have probably considered this game a classic if it wasn't such a damned hog. You have a game that has a 70+ year time span with 15 day turns. At that scale, turns must process quickly.

I will attempt to restrain myself from buying Fallout 4 at regular price, but it will be hard.

Swatter

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 20, 2015, 11:48:37 AM
i need to check out Victoria 2 - one of the paradox lines ive completely ignored

I think its a great game. My only complaint is that the AI just runs amok with Great Britain and France. The logistics model simply allows too much crazy stuff to happen, like GB invading China through India.

WallysWorld

Quote from: sandman2575 on November 20, 2015, 11:46:23 AM
Quote from: WallysWorld on November 20, 2015, 11:15:16 AM
Fallout 3
You're playing the wrong Fallout!!
LOL
I bought Fallout 3 two years ago and never got around to playing it. Finally did this month.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Huw the Poo

Conquest of Elysium 4.  Just got in from work and it shall be downloaded in a minute.  Can't wait!
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor.  I can't put this down, it's a bloody fantastic game, even playing with mouse and keyboard.
Spec Ops: The Line.  Provided I get around to it after the former two.
Shroud of the Avatar.  When I'm really drunk I like to load this up and piss off as many of the other players as I can.

sandman2575

Quote from: Swatter on November 20, 2015, 11:53:47 AM
I will attempt to restrain myself from buying Fallout 4 at regular price, but it will be hard.

Buy it. Don't resist. Just buy it. 

It's funny -- I've had the opposite experience with Fallout 4 than I had with MGS V. I was completely blown away by MGS V for the first half, but the more I played, the more tedious it started to get, and the more its limitations started to show. I abandoned it about halfway through the Congo missions, and haven't felt any motivation to go back.

With Fallout 4, my initial reaction was, "OK, looks good -- not extraordinary, but definitely good." But the more time I've put in, the more obsessed I've gotten. FO4 grows on you slowly, but once it hooks you, man, it will not let go. The scope of the game is absolutely huge. The main quest becomes more interesting as you go, but the side quests are where the real fun is. And the artistic design -- the landscape, the places in it, the buildings, the vehicles, you name it -- is astonishing.

So yeah, buy Fallout 4   8)

bbmike

Quote from: sandman2575 on November 20, 2015, 01:41:27 PM
Quote from: Swatter on November 20, 2015, 11:53:47 AM
I will attempt to restrain myself from buying Fallout 4 at regular price, but it will be hard.

Buy it. Don't resist. Just buy it. 

It's funny -- I've had the opposite experience with Fallout 4 than I had with MGS V. I was completely blown away by MGS V for the first half, but the more I played, the more tedious it started to get, and the more its limitations started to show. I abandoned it about halfway through the Congo missions, and haven't felt any motivation to go back.

With Fallout 4, my initial reaction was, "OK, looks good -- not extraordinary, but definitely good." But the more time I've put in, the more obsessed I've gotten. FO4 grows on you slowly, but once it hooks you, man, it will not let go. The scope of the game is absolutely huge. The main quest becomes more interesting as you go, but the side quests are where the real fun is. And the artistic design -- the landscape, the places in it, the buildings, the vehicles, you name it -- is astonishing.

So yeah, buy Fallout 4   8)

Must...resist...Thanksgiving sale around corner....  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

TacticalWargames

Verdun
Red Orchestra 2 (Getting back into it)
DC Barbarossa Beta
WOFF

mikeck

Wasteland 2
Flashpoint campaigns
CM: BS
Galactic civilizations 3
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Dammit Carl!

The onset of "mandatory volunteer working Saturdays," is going to curtail the little gaming time I do have, so barring any miracle, anything I do play will have to have to be short and sweet.

Like the OT pay, but hate the grind.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Working dayshift Saturday and trying to finish up Risen 3 tonight and Saturday. 

Playing X-Wing miniatures on Sunday as part of a foodbank charity event.  Dreading the forecast calling for snow.  This is Vancouver.  Most people here simply cannot drive in snow.


Rizik6

CoD: Black Ops 3, single player.  Also playing Decisive Campaigns: Warsaw To Paris in anticipation of the Barbarosa release.