I see a Friday on a one way corridor

Started by Jarhead0331, November 20, 2015, 06:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

I've not had this much fun losing in a long time. Still have not won a campaign in this damned game  :'(

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Sorry about the loss Gus. Maybe next time Pict somebody easier to play. Couldn't resist. My gaming will be spotty this weekend as I'll be assisting the follow-up needs of my first grandson born on Wednesday and home now. You know, guy things like go get diapers, lotion, and beer. And that's just for me. If I get time, I'll continue chasing the Russians eastward in DC Case Blue.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Diapers, lotion and beer could be a helluva good time for some of the more exotic types roaming these virtual halls.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TacticalWargames

Been playing Hard West which is a fun little Wild West Turn based tactics game. Well worth the current price. It's on offer over at Steam at the moment.

Tuna

Started off with a lot more World of Warships,surprised I'm still addicted..

Would like to try and get into Decisive Campaigns Case Blue.. maybe some more Pillars of Eternity..

Tempted to grab Gal Civ III where it's on sale.. but I haven't' even touched Gal Civ II yet.

Yskonyn

Almost no game time this weekend.
We have a big birthday party of my Son and we have to prepare for going on holiday the day after .
But what time I have will be spent at Combat Mission and ASL.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

Oh, Gus.  You seem to be a bit rubbish at Total War!

Airborne Rifles

Going to try to find time to start the next scenario in the Northern Fury battle set in CMANO between playing with the kids, football, and hunting.

Toonces

Got about an hour and a half on the Vietnam Cav server for ARMA 3.  At one point when we were in a Huey transiting between LZ's this guy was playing some 60's music- CCR and such, and it was pretty damn immersive.









That last shot was tough.  I was a bit forward of the rest of the guys and I could see all these VC on the map and I could hear them talking in Vietnamese, but I couldn't see a thing.  I could hear them getting closer and closer and I'm scanning frantically, but I'm in this thicket and can barely see a thing.  Sadly, it didn't end well for ole Toonces.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Skoop

^That looks cool, what Vietnam mod is that ?  I'm going to have to check that out.

Toonces

It uses Air Cav Vietnam:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=550873311

and NAM terrain:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=501689302

Then look for the 7th Cav server; usually if you sort by number of players it's towards the bottom of the first page.

Note: you can ONLY have those two mods enabled (and you have to have both mods enabled) or you won't connect to the server.

It's fun for a bit- a change of pace from KotH.  I'd like it even more if it had player-controlled OPFOR, but then it would end up being like KotH...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

Gotta go get ready for this wedding my wife is dragging me to...such a boring waste of a Saturday night.

Sir Slash

If there's no Wedding Reception food/alcohol involved, then yes, a waste. Tell your wife the bride isn't half as beautiful as she was on your wedding day and maybe you'll at least get lucky afterward. Or else she'll accuse you of just lusting after one of the bridesmaids and you'll get the sofa tonight. It's called the Husband Gamble.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

Heh.  Sofa=good night's sleep.  Don't knock it till you've tried it!  Plus, you can game since you're up anyway.  Win-win!

On a game-related note, I picked up Verdun, so add that to my queue for tonight.  Some scotch and Verdun sounds like some good times...   :buck2:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

Apparently there is alcohol, but it's overrated two nights in a row. I had beer, wine, and even a couple of glasses of a really nice Scotch last night and still have a slight headache. Unless someone breaks out a copy of Tide of Iron or something - highly doubtful - this is going to be a very boring Saturday night.