Command Ops 2 Graphics bug fixed

Started by Boggit, December 02, 2015, 04:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Boggit

Since I got a machine a few years back with Windows 7, none of the Command Ops games have properly displayed sufficient info to be playable, and the info screens were all truncated on the right hand side. After years of trying different things, I have to take my hat off to Dave O'Connor who finally tracked it down to Microsoft not including the appropriate "Microsoft Sans Serif" font amongst the supplied fonts. I just had the "MS Sans serif" font before he advised me, and have since added the "Microsoft Sans Serif" font (apparently a scaleable font), and instantly the game was working as it should. Just check the \Windows\Fonts folder - if the "Microsoft Sans Serif" font isn't there then you need to download it, and hey presto, the game works properly.

Just thought I'd mention this for anyone else who had all their info screens screwed up. Simple and effective.

I'd also like to add that Dave has been working on this issue since the COTA days, so not only am I very impressed with him finally finding a result that worked, but also his long term dedication to his customers. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Grim.Reaper

Very cool....I missed the sale again, but decided I am going to pick up their latest module knock on all doors and give it a whirl

Rekim

hopeful this fix will work for me too. Must wait until I return home next week to try it out. The previous recommended fix only worked for some, so must see it for myself before I get too excited.