Main Menu

Tigers on the Hunt

Started by BlackJaguar, December 02, 2015, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jomni

Actual game graphics not even close to that though.  >:D

GJK

Quote from: jomni on December 17, 2015, 05:19:42 PM
Actual game graphics not even close to that though.  >:D

<de-cloak mode on>

The graphics for ToTH can be changed rather easily.  In fact, there's already mods from beta testers (myself included) that use the counters from VASL.  You could also use actual scans of the ASL countersheets if you chose.  Terrain can be modded as well - you can use the actual building artwork from the ASL mapboards if you need.

<de-cloak mode off>
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

BlackJaguar

Quote from: GJK on December 18, 2015, 09:34:34 AM
Quote from: jomni on December 17, 2015, 05:19:42 PM
Actual game graphics not even close to that though.  >:D

<de-cloak mode on>

The graphics for ToTH can be changed rather easily.  In fact, there's already mods from beta testers (myself included) that use the counters from VASL.  You could also use actual scans of the ASL countersheets if you chose.  Terrain can be modded as well - you can use the actual building artwork from the ASL mapboards if you need.

<de-cloak mode off>

Correct ;) all the game graphics are in one PNG file (uses alpha transparency) very easy to mod, say for example in Photoshop. Just the size of each sprite cannot be changed.

gameleaper

wow! I saw this game a while back, but I didn't check it out as I should of, its ASL :) my god someone actualy went and made it, it seemed impossible but its real, the devs say they sent a candidate release on the 1st of dec to slitherine( its on the matrix forums in the beta test stuff)

If this got released over Christmas that would just be a perfect day.

BlackJaguar

Quote from: gameleaper on December 19, 2015, 02:13:40 PM
wow! I saw this game a while back, but I didn't check it out as I should of, its ASL :) my god someone actualy went and made it, it seemed impossible but its real, the devs say they sent a candidate release on the 1st of dec to slitherine( its on the matrix forums in the beta test stuff)

If this got released over Christmas that would just be a perfect day.

devs = 1 developer only = Me :)

Expected release date is early February 2016

gameleaper

Quote from: BlackJaguar on December 19, 2015, 05:12:26 PM
Quote from: gameleaper on December 19, 2015, 02:13:40 PM
wow! I saw this game a while back, but I didn't check it out as I should of, its ASL :) my god someone actualy went and made it, it seemed impossible but its real, the devs say they sent a candidate release on the 1st of dec to slitherine( its on the matrix forums in the beta test stuff)

If this got released over Christmas that would just be a perfect day.

devs = 1 developer only = Me :)

Expected release date is early February 2016

thanks B, that's impressive, looking forward to day 1 purchase

Rayfer

I had high hopes that LnL: Heroes of Stalingrad would be something great, but I could never get into it. I always felt like I was fighting the game mechanics rather than the scenario battle itself. The screen shots of Tiger on the Hunt remind me of that game so I'm hoping it won't have the same issues. So it's with guarded optimism that I await its release.

Asid

Manual Completed

From the dev:
QuoteAs of this morning I signed off on the manual design as well as submitted second release candidate to matrix games, we are getting really close to release date ;) The manual was the last major task on my to do list...after 10 years and one month of hard work, finally!!!
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

savatee

Hey, my money is waiting. Let's go!

jomni

Quote from: Rayfer on December 19, 2015, 09:31:31 PM
I had high hopes that LnL: Heroes of Stalingrad would be something great, but I could never get into it. I always felt like I was fighting the game mechanics rather than the scenario battle itself. The screen shots of Tiger on the Hunt remind me of that game so I'm hoping it won't have the same issues. So it's with guarded optimism that I await its release.

Same here. I fail at HoS. I employ conventional tactics but the game mechanics just seems off.

It parallels the legendary Advanced Squad Leader rules.

Asid

Tigers on the Hunt new Screenshots revealed!

Today developer Siliconsoft Systems is proud to reveal a new set of screenshots, showing a lot of action in multiple scenarios including the attack on France on 1940, the Eastern Front and the last defence of Berlin!











War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

panzerde

Ok, I'm going to do something I don't do very often, in the hopes of offering some constructive feedback.

As someone that spends probably 80%+ of his gaming time playing JTS titles or similar games, I don't feel like I'm much of a graphics whore. I have to say though that the look of this game really puts me off. It looks like something with 16-bit graphics. I'm concerned that while there may be an initial rush of enthusiasm since it's ASL-based, over the long term the look and the lack of features like multi-story buildings and no hex-side terrain are really going to handicap this as a system.

Again, I'm someone that happily plays the old Tiller Campaign Series games, but every time I see screenshots of this my initial reaction isn't to get excited, but to wait and see if it gets game play raves. I really would like this to be a good game and something I want to buy, but I'm wary based on the look.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Cyrano

Two thoughts, both of which stun me as I write them as this is the sort of a game that, like Doug, I should be purchasing day one...

1:  I don't understand why you've bothered to try and do graphic counters.  They're unnecessary in a game of this type -- I don't like them at ALL in Tiller's Panzer Battles -- and I've not seen a hint of NATO.  Frankly, I've come to find graphic counter design on the PC to be chimerical, but that's another conversation.

2:  Am I correct that this is HotSeat MP only?  I am very unlikely to purchase any game these days that lacks at least a PBEM system -- as much as I find PBEM++ tedious.  Tiller and CM were both one-man shops (OK, CM was sorta two-man from a programming perspective) and both managed robust MP several generations ago.  As for the notion that the game's design does not permit this, Tiller's Battlefront series had a system that made MP very difficult.  He changed the system.

Please understand, I do wish this effort the very best, it's the cruelty of high expectations.  I don't expect much from a Total War and am pleasantly surprised when it delivers.  Here it was the opposite...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

magnus

The graphics have already been modded by some of the beta testers. If you look through the posts on Matrix you will see some of the work that has been done.

Cyrano, I agree with you on the counters. The only problem is that the few tactical games I have been involved with were swamped by requests to have 3D tanks and men. I never understood it myself.

The developer has said that he will continue to work on the game. The multi-story coding problem has been mentioned by a lot of game designers.