Main Menu

Tigers on the Hunt

Started by BlackJaguar, December 02, 2015, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gameleaper

Quote from: panzerde on February 25, 2016, 11:27:40 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on February 25, 2016, 11:09:56 AM

I think its worth it, because I play ASL over and over and TotH plays just like ASL, and I program games and can see what BJ has put into this game. and its the same price as  "Brother Against Brother" and a couple of dollars more than a few others,

Id say this matrix flag game to be, this is why I love matrix you just cant get games like TotH or WitPAE or Brother Against Brother or a few others at many places unless we are willing to pay for them they will disappear into xbox shooter games :(

Note that I didn't say that this game isn't worth $50. I said that $50 is too rich for my blood for this title. I'm not an ASL fan. I don't commonly play ASL and squad scale games are pretty far down on my list. I don't care for the graphics and I don't buy the argument that I can "just mod it" as if that absolves the developer from providing better than 1990's graphics. It uses a system that prohibits PBEM play, and most of my computer gaming these days is PBEM That means, for me, that I am unlikely to get $50 worth of game play out of this title. If it goes on sale later for $30, it might cross the threshold for me and I'd buy it.

You're an ASL fan and you've been excited about this forever. I get that, to you, this is worth $50 or even more. You'll probably play this as much as I'm playing some other games right now and will enjoy the hell out of it. There's definitely an audience for this game and I'm sure that Matrix will sell plenty of games at this price.

Just because someone doesn't see personal value in a particular game doesn't mean that they're wrong for not liking it and it isn't a personal criticism of another's choice. Equally, if I don't see the value in the game for me personally, I have no business trying to convince someone else that they shouldn't like it. And in a nutshell, that's why I habitually avoid all Combat Mission game threads anymore.  :)

that's the best intelligent reason for not wanting to buy I have read, I am totally in agreement with your resoning

Barthheart

Quote from: gameleaper on February 25, 2016, 11:26:09 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 11:14:15 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on February 25, 2016, 11:09:56 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 10:54:25 AM
$73 CDN.... frickin dollar....  >:(

I think its worth it, because I play ASL over and over and TotH plays just like ASL, and I program games and can see what BJ has put into this game. and its the same price as  "Brother Against Brother" and a couple of dollars more than a few others,

Id say this matrix flag game to be, this is why I love matrix you just cant get games like TotH or WitPAE or Brother Against Brother or a few others at many places unless we are willing to pay for them they will disappear into xbox shooter games :(

Not really complaining about the price of the game just the conversion to Canadian dollars that really sucks....  :(

hehe I thought you lived in a high inflation zone and 73$ was the same value as us$ :) I didn't realise you pay for coversion, my bank zaps me for buying off humblebundle(incidently they at the moment all the pathfinder rpg books on the weekly bundle)

Ha! No you had it right the first time. $72.99 CDN is Martix's (or DR or whomever they are using these days) conversion of $49.99 USD. That's $1.46 CDN = $1.00 USD. Official rate is $1.36 CDN = $1.00 USD.... someone is making some extra money....

Barthheart

Quote from: gameleaper on February 25, 2016, 11:31:49 AM
Quote from: panzerde on February 25, 2016, 11:27:40 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on February 25, 2016, 11:09:56 AM

I think its worth it, because I play ASL over and over and TotH plays just like ASL, and I program games and can see what BJ has put into this game. and its the same price as  "Brother Against Brother" and a couple of dollars more than a few others,

Id say this matrix flag game to be, this is why I love matrix you just cant get games like TotH or WitPAE or Brother Against Brother or a few others at many places unless we are willing to pay for them they will disappear into xbox shooter games :(

Note that I didn't say that this game isn't worth $50. I said that $50 is too rich for my blood for this title. I'm not an ASL fan. I don't commonly play ASL and squad scale games are pretty far down on my list. I don't care for the graphics and I don't buy the argument that I can "just mod it" as if that absolves the developer from providing better than 1990's graphics. It uses a system that prohibits PBEM play, and most of my computer gaming these days is PBEM That means, for me, that I am unlikely to get $50 worth of game play out of this title. If it goes on sale later for $30, it might cross the threshold for me and I'd buy it.

You're an ASL fan and you've been excited about this forever. I get that, to you, this is worth $50 or even more. You'll probably play this as much as I'm playing some other games right now and will enjoy the hell out of it. There's definitely an audience for this game and I'm sure that Matrix will sell plenty of games at this price.

Just because someone doesn't see personal value in a particular game doesn't mean that they're wrong for not liking it and it isn't a personal criticism of another's choice. Equally, if I don't see the value in the game for me personally, I have no business trying to convince someone else that they shouldn't like it. And in a nutshell, that's why I habitually avoid all Combat Mission game threads anymore.  :)

that's the best intelligent reason for not wanting to buy I have read, I am totally in agreement with your resoning

Don't buy that reason.... Doug's just being cheap.... like me.  ;)

gameleaper

Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 11:34:02 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on February 25, 2016, 11:31:49 AM
Quote from: panzerde on February 25, 2016, 11:27:40 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on February 25, 2016, 11:09:56 AM

I think its worth it, because I play ASL over and over and TotH plays just like ASL, and I program games and can see what BJ has put into this game. and its the same price as  "Brother Against Brother" and a couple of dollars more than a few others,

Id say this matrix flag game to be, this is why I love matrix you just cant get games like TotH or WitPAE or Brother Against Brother or a few others at many places unless we are willing to pay for them they will disappear into xbox shooter games :(

Note that I didn't say that this game isn't worth $50. I said that $50 is too rich for my blood for this title. I'm not an ASL fan. I don't commonly play ASL and squad scale games are pretty far down on my list. I don't care for the graphics and I don't buy the argument that I can "just mod it" as if that absolves the developer from providing better than 1990's graphics. It uses a system that prohibits PBEM play, and most of my computer gaming these days is PBEM That means, for me, that I am unlikely to get $50 worth of game play out of this title. If it goes on sale later for $30, it might cross the threshold for me and I'd buy it.

You're an ASL fan and you've been excited about this forever. I get that, to you, this is worth $50 or even more. You'll probably play this as much as I'm playing some other games right now and will enjoy the hell out of it. There's definitely an audience for this game and I'm sure that Matrix will sell plenty of games at this price.

Just because someone doesn't see personal value in a particular game doesn't mean that they're wrong for not liking it and it isn't a personal criticism of another's choice. Equally, if I don't see the value in the game for me personally, I have no business trying to convince someone else that they shouldn't like it. And in a nutshell, that's why I habitually avoid all Combat Mission game threads anymore.  :)

that's the best intelligent reason for not wanting to buy I have read, I am totally in agreement with your resoning

Don't buy that reason.... Doug's just being cheap.... like me.  ;)

:)

PipFromSlitherine

Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 11:32:07 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on February 25, 2016, 11:26:09 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 11:14:15 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on February 25, 2016, 11:09:56 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 10:54:25 AM
$73 CDN.... frickin dollar....  >:(

I think its worth it, because I play ASL over and over and TotH plays just like ASL, and I program games and can see what BJ has put into this game. and its the same price as  "Brother Against Brother" and a couple of dollars more than a few others,

Id say this matrix flag game to be, this is why I love matrix you just cant get games like TotH or WitPAE or Brother Against Brother or a few others at many places unless we are willing to pay for them they will disappear into xbox shooter games :(

Not really complaining about the price of the game just the conversion to Canadian dollars that really sucks....  :(

hehe I thought you lived in a high inflation zone and 73$ was the same value as us$ :) I didn't realise you pay for coversion, my bank zaps me for buying off humblebundle(incidently they at the moment all the pathfinder rpg books on the weekly bundle)

Ha! No you had it right the first time. $72.99 CDN is Martix's (or DR or whomever they are using these days) conversion of $49.99 USD. That's $1.46 CDN = $1.00 USD. Official rate is $1.36 CDN = $1.00 USD.... someone is making some extra money....
While it's not my area of expertise, 1.36 (e.g. from XE.COM) is the mid-market rate, it's not the actual rate that you could go out and buy USDs for.

Cheers

Pip

Barthheart

Quote from: PipFromSlitherine on February 25, 2016, 11:43:24 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 11:32:07 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on February 25, 2016, 11:26:09 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 11:14:15 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on February 25, 2016, 11:09:56 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 10:54:25 AM
$73 CDN.... frickin dollar....  >:(

I think its worth it, because I play ASL over and over and TotH plays just like ASL, and I program games and can see what BJ has put into this game. and its the same price as  "Brother Against Brother" and a couple of dollars more than a few others,

Id say this matrix flag game to be, this is why I love matrix you just cant get games like TotH or WitPAE or Brother Against Brother or a few others at many places unless we are willing to pay for them they will disappear into xbox shooter games :(

Not really complaining about the price of the game just the conversion to Canadian dollars that really sucks....  :(

hehe I thought you lived in a high inflation zone and 73$ was the same value as us$ :) I didn't realise you pay for coversion, my bank zaps me for buying off humblebundle(incidently they at the moment all the pathfinder rpg books on the weekly bundle)

Ha! No you had it right the first time. $72.99 CDN is Martix's (or DR or whomever they are using these days) conversion of $49.99 USD. That's $1.46 CDN = $1.00 USD. Official rate is $1.36 CDN = $1.00 USD.... someone is making some extra money....
While it's not my area of expertise, 1.36 (e.g. from XE.COM) is the mid-market rate, it's not the actual rate that you could go out and buy USDs for.

Cheers

Pip

Yeah I know... it's me being cheap  ;) ... but some places do have better exchange rates... like if I buy in USD through PayPal, PayPal's exchange rate usually is better.

gameleaper

Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 11:49:57 AM
Quote from: PipFromSlitherine on February 25, 2016, 11:43:24 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 11:32:07 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on February 25, 2016, 11:26:09 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 11:14:15 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on February 25, 2016, 11:09:56 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 10:54:25 AM
$73 CDN.... frickin dollar....  >:(

I think its worth it, because I play ASL over and over and TotH plays just like ASL, and I program games and can see what BJ has put into this game. and its the same price as  "Brother Against Brother" and a couple of dollars more than a few others,

Id say this matrix flag game to be, this is why I love matrix you just cant get games like TotH or WitPAE or Brother Against Brother or a few others at many places unless we are willing to pay for them they will disappear into xbox shooter games :(

Not really complaining about the price of the game just the conversion to Canadian dollars that really sucks....  :(

hehe I thought you lived in a high inflation zone and 73$ was the same value as us$ :) I didn't realise you pay for coversion, my bank zaps me for buying off humblebundle(incidently they at the moment all the pathfinder rpg books on the weekly bundle)

Ha! No you had it right the first time. $72.99 CDN is Martix's (or DR or whomever they are using these days) conversion of $49.99 USD. That's $1.46 CDN = $1.00 USD. Official rate is $1.36 CDN = $1.00 USD.... someone is making some extra money....
While it's not my area of expertise, 1.36 (e.g. from XE.COM) is the mid-market rate, it's not the actual rate that you could go out and buy USDs for.

Cheers

Pip

Yeah I know... it's me being cheap  ;) ... but some places do have better exchange rates... like if I buy in USD through PayPal, PayPal's exchange rate usually is better.

paying cheaper via paypal is a great idea thx, paying the exchange rate that is higher is like loosing money to attrition,

panzerde

Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 11:34:02 AM
Don't buy that reason.... Doug's just being cheap.... like me.  ;)


Well yeah, then there's that, too...  ;D
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Rekim

Downloading now  :)

I used paypal and got a slightly better exchange rate @ CDN0.71

The dollars trading @ 0.74 today, so not so bad.

Rekim

I don't know what is up with this week. Played ASL Friday, Monday and Wednesday. UpFront tonight, ASL scheduled for next Tuesday and Tigers on the Hunt is busy installing on my HD.

I hope I never wake up  :D

Barthheart

Quote from: Rekim on February 25, 2016, 03:24:44 PM
Downloading now  :)

I used paypal and got a slightly better exchange rate @ CDN0.71

The dollars trading @ 0.74 today, so not so bad.

Yeah it's only a savings of $3.... but it's the principle of the thing.  O0

Hofstadter

My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Cyrano

@Rekim:  I say this, and I do not jest: I envy your dedication.  Doug, Boggit, myself, and a bunch of others around here are a bunch of ADHD game nerds who no one was willing to play with 30 years ago and now that we can all play with one another via PBEM, we want to play ALL THE GAMEZ.  AT ONCE.  Doug and I, at one point, had something like five games going simultaneously.

And to the OP:  Best of luck to this launch!  Our niche is mighty and will be served!  I'm out for the same reasons Doug is, but, seriously gents, congrats on the launch and all the best!

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Barthheart

Quote from: Cyrano on February 25, 2016, 04:50:45 PM
@Rekim:  I say this, and I do not jest: I envy your dedication.  Doug, Boggit, myself, and a bunch of others around here are a bunch of ADHD game nerds who no one was willing to play with 30 years ago and now that we can all play with one another via PBEM, we want to play ALL THE GAMEZ.  AT ONCE.  Doug and I, at one point, had something like five games going simultaneously.

And to the OP:  Best of luck to this launch!  Our niche is mighty and will be served!  I'm out for the same reasons Doug is, but, seriously gents, congrats on the launch and all the best!

Read: Jim is a cheap basturd like Doug and I.....  ;D

BlackJaguar

Quote from: Rekim on February 25, 2016, 03:29:57 PM
I don't know what is up with this week. Played ASL Friday, Monday and Wednesday. UpFront tonight, ASL scheduled for next Tuesday and Tigers on the Hunt is busy installing on my HD.

I hope I never wake up  :D

Well how about that! :)