Main Menu

Tigers on the Hunt

Started by BlackJaguar, December 02, 2015, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Double Deuce

I hadn't see this posted anywhere but does anyone know if the underlying data (weapon/equipment stats) is editable as well?

Richie61

No. Like lots of games now a days it's hard coded into the exe file.
Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

Double Deuce

Quote from: Richie61 on February 29, 2016, 06:34:03 AM
No. Like lots of games now a days it's hard coded into the exe file.

So there wont be any other 'nations' or 'equipment' without official addons/patches. Figured as much but thought I would ask.

gameleaper

I just help a guy on another forum here is a quote of my post

Perelandra67, I hope I can help, here is what I found, if you goto mods and scenarios and download JMass VASL mod for TotH, you will find an ASL type game, the AFVs Tanks etc... have the correct Movement points on the chits eg: 1 point to start engine, 1 point to change direction and 1 point to move a hex on clear ground, you can check this on a blank map with a tank. the infantry move correctly for ASL 4 hexes plus 2 with a leader, plus one if you start and stop on a road, plus 2 double time, the legged units in ASL have 3 numbers FIRE POWER,FIRE RANGE,MORAL, the mod takes the A to H fire-power and converts it to ASL for you, you can check range of fire with the menu to show range, moral is stars converted to ASL.

what all this means is the Mod counters have meaningfull numbers on the chits, you can go to the vassalegine site and download the ASL module(rename it with a zip extention and unzip it) it has all the ASL charts.

Richie61

That is how I got my SL counters and JMass his counters  :)

As for the movement MP's. These amounts are used lot on other board games too. Seems like 4 for a squad and 6 for a squad with a leader is the normal in board games. I would guess it's based on
a hex scale.
Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

gameleaper

Quote from: Richie61 on February 29, 2016, 08:26:05 AM
That is how I got my SL counters and JMass his counters  :)

As for the movement MP's. These amounts are used lot on other board games too. Seems like 4 for a squad and 6 for a squad with a leader is the normal in board games. I would guess it's based on
a hex scale.

I saw somewhere JMass using your markers or advising it ,I cant remember now, but you guys should partner-up . your chits are better, but he has the needed numbers on the AFVs, but if you added numbers then your mod would be best

gameleaper

I have noticed a few people comment on how ASL values can be used in a game, I think I'm not mistakem, that tables and numbers cant be owned by anybody. you cant copyrite a table, eg you cant copyrite a formula - like einstiens theories

great job Peter

Richie61

Quote from: gameleaper on February 29, 2016, 08:30:50 AM
Quote from: Richie61 on February 29, 2016, 08:26:05 AM
That is how I got my SL counters and JMass his counters  :)

As for the movement MP's. These amounts are used lot on other board games too. Seems like 4 for a squad and 6 for a squad with a leader is the normal in board games. I would guess it's based on
a hex scale.

I saw somewhere JMass using your markers or advising it ,I cant remember now, but you guys should partner-up . your chits are better, but he has the needed numbers on the AFVs, but if you added numbers then your mod would be best

I don't see me doing much more for TotH. I am happy with my Squad Leader mod as it is  :) I am on to other games  O0
Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

gameleaper

Quote from: Richie61 on February 29, 2016, 10:22:37 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on February 29, 2016, 08:30:50 AM
Quote from: Richie61 on February 29, 2016, 08:26:05 AM
That is how I got my SL counters and JMass his counters  :)

As for the movement MP's. These amounts are used lot on other board games too. Seems like 4 for a squad and 6 for a squad with a leader is the normal in board games. I would guess it's based on
a hex scale.

I saw somewhere JMass using your markers or advising it ,I cant remember now, but you guys should partner-up . your chits are better, but he has the needed numbers on the AFVs, but if you added numbers then your mod would be best

I don't see me doing much more for TotH. I am happy with my Squad Leader mod as it is  :) I am on to other games  O0

that's a shame Ed, I had money on you making a pacific terrain mod :)

Richie61

Quote from: gameleaper on February 29, 2016, 11:41:16 AM
Quote from: Richie61 on February 29, 2016, 10:22:37 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on February 29, 2016, 08:30:50 AM
Quote from: Richie61 on February 29, 2016, 08:26:05 AM
That is how I got my SL counters and JMass his counters  :)

As for the movement MP's. These amounts are used lot on other board games too. Seems like 4 for a squad and 6 for a squad with a leader is the normal in board games. I would guess it's based on
a hex scale.

I saw somewhere JMass using your markers or advising it ,I cant remember now, but you guys should partner-up . your chits are better, but he has the needed numbers on the AFVs, but if you added numbers then your mod would be best

I don't see me doing much more for TotH. I am happy with my Squad Leader mod as it is  :) I am on to other games  O0

that's a shame Ed, I had money on you making a pacific terrain mod :)

LOL! I did for the two Squad Battles Pacific titles  ;D


Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

gameleaper

your a top modder Ed, you end up with better games than all of us without the mods :(

Richie61

Quote from: gameleaper on February 29, 2016, 12:18:10 PM
your a top modder Ed, you end up with better games than all of us without the mods :(

"We" all do. I share them  :)

Some are here  ;)
https://tfe4.wordpress.com/graphics-and-sound-mods/pacific-war/
Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

gameleaper


bbmike

Being in the Pacific War mood I've been lately I'm tempted to buy Squad Battles Pacific War now.  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak