Main Menu

Here Comes the Weekend

Started by tgb, December 03, 2015, 11:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

An ACW game where you can research atomic weapons?

Must be a Civ5 or something like that.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Kushan

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 04, 2015, 03:04:34 AM
^ Really? Good going. How many hours have you logged then?

I've logged 83 hours into my current character. Still some things I can do, I got an area to the south of central Boston I've never been too, but not really suire how much more time I'm going to put into this particular character. Am curious how things will play out if you choose a different primary faction. For this play through I chose to go with the Brotherhood of Steel, which was pretty fun. Think next time I'll go with the Minutemen or The Railroad.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Kushan on December 04, 2015, 05:07:54 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 04, 2015, 03:04:34 AM
^ Really? Good going. How many hours have you logged then?

I've logged 83 hours into my current character. Still some things I can do, I got an area to the south of central Boston I've never been too, but not really suire how much more time I'm going to put into this particular character. Am curious how things will play out if you choose a different primary faction. For this play through I chose to go with the Brotherhood of Steel, which was pretty fun. Think next time I'll go with the Minutemen or The Railroad.
I'm currently with Minutemen, though I've had an option from the police (is that the Brotherhood of Steel? I seem to recall that name)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

W8taminute

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 04, 2015, 04:30:32 PM
An ACW game where you can research atomic weapons?

Must be a Civ5 or something like that.

Nope.  But in all fairness I should have been clearer.  Each video represents a game I will be playing.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

#34
Quote from: Barthheart on December 04, 2015, 02:09:53 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 04, 2015, 01:46:09 PM


*Sigh*

Not another Axis Fanboy.   :-\

:P

;D

;D

Hey aren't the Japs Axis too...?

I really am not interested in the Pacific War at all, from either side.... well... except fer carrier battles.  :D


Well, I didn't want to use the more specific term "Nazi Fanboy" but now you're forcing my hand.  >:D


I've had a love of everything sub warfare since playing the original Silent Service for many hours as a kid.  The more I learned over the years, the better it got.  The US sub campaign in the Pacific is at least as interesting as any other part of the subject, and often more so IMO.

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Toonces

I'm creating a Groginati squad in Verdun RIGHT NOW!!!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MetalDog

Figured it would be better to try and gather the troops in this thread than the thread I started specifically for it ( http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=15508.0 ) for some Saturday night Warlock mp goodness.  If you want in, just reply here or click the link I provided.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Toonces/IronX - will you be on a little bit in the next hour or two for Verdun?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Hmmm...so tempted to get in on the Verdun action, but those timezone differences...

IronX

Quote from: Gusington on December 04, 2015, 08:44:41 PM
Toonces/IronX - will you be on a little bit in the next hour or two for Verdun?

Yes!

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

Keep going with World in Conflict : Soviet Assault, finally start up at least one of the two of Hard West and Just Cause 3, and play some more D&D tomorrow night.

Silent Disapproval Robot

#43
Working nights this weekend.  I'm still not really motivated to play anything on my PC.  I am getting much more enjoyment from board games and miniatures than PC games lately.

I've tried firing up Alien: Isolation again but I just can't get into it.  It looks and sounds fantastic but I don't find it frightening.  I just end up getting annoyed when the alien shows up because it means I have to hide instead of getting on with the story.

I fired up Rome II again and started a new campaign.  Never really got into Rome II when I tried to play it in the past.  I don't know why.  I think it's down to the way they changed the building system for the cities and provinces.  I prefer the old system.

Been trying the halfling campaign map in Age of Wonders III.  God damn, it's tough.  I must've restarted at least a dozen times but those nagas are brutal.  I came very close to rolling up one of the bad guys but I lost my capital the turn before I was about to take his.  That's the best I've been able to do so far.

Hopefully Gus, IronX, Toonces, and I can find a time where we can get a squad together for Verdun.  I've played around with it a bit and I am terrible at this game!  I hold my own in Red Orchestra II but I just get slaughtered here.  I think I'm at a 9:31 kill: death ratio or something close to that.  Maybe once i learn the maps a bit better I won't take quite as many rounds to the cranium while I stand there gawping.

Hoping to wrap up the PBEM game of Wing Leader with Bart.  Just remains to be seen how effectively his Stukas can hit my ground troops and how badly his 109s will maul my fleeing Battles.

Hopefully, Stagger and I can get in a few more turns of our forum-based game of Nightfighter.

I should be studying for a provincial certification exam I have to write on Wednesday but working out theoretical oxidation rates is about as fun as it sounds.

Got a plan to play Empire of the Sun on Thursday.  I really need to go over the rules again as I've yet to play the game apart from fiddling with the solitaire rules.  Looking forward to trying it out against a human opponent.  I'm also supposed to play some Star Wars: The Card Game this week.  I'm not usually into LCGs but this game is really well done, offers up a fair amount of complexity for a card game, and the various faction decks play out very differently. I'm having a blast with this game.

Rayfer

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 05, 2015, 02:43:12 AM
Working nights this weekend.  I'm still not really motivated to play anything on my PC.  I am getting much more enjoyment from board games and miniatures than PC games lately.

I fired up Rome II again and started a new campaign.  Never really got into Rome II when I tried to play it in the past.  I don't know why.  I think it's down to the way they changed the building system for the cities and provinces.  I prefer the old system.


I've felt the same about Rome II but could never put my finger on exactly what it is that turned me off to the game. I think you nailed it for me.