Civilization IV Beyond the Sword mp game

Started by MetalDog, December 12, 2015, 06:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Barthheart

Quote from: Bison on December 17, 2015, 10:16:53 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 17, 2015, 10:08:40 PM
Semantics, heathen!  If you were REALLY an engineer, you'd figure out how to make Civ V have more than one unit per hex.  Engineer THAT, my friend!!!

This sounds like the complaint of someone who cannot strategized beyond a doom stack. 8)

This.... X1,000,000.  O0

MetalDog

Quote from: Barthheart on December 17, 2015, 10:19:11 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 17, 2015, 10:16:53 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 17, 2015, 10:08:40 PM
Semantics, heathen!  If you were REALLY an engineer, you'd figure out how to make Civ V have more than one unit per hex.  Engineer THAT, my friend!!!

This sounds like the complaint of someone who cannot strategized beyond a doom stack. 8)

This.... X1,000,000.  O0

Stack implies more than 1.  Single means one.  Doesn't it take more planning and ability to strategize multiples rather than singles?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

This thread has me rolling on the floor...and realizing I'm gonna get walked all over.
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

Nah.  According to some, the 'REAL' players are playing a different game.  We'll just have to make do with the scraps.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on December 17, 2015, 10:41:24 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 17, 2015, 10:19:11 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 17, 2015, 10:16:53 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 17, 2015, 10:08:40 PM
Semantics, heathen!  If you were REALLY an engineer, you'd figure out how to make Civ V have more than one unit per hex.  Engineer THAT, my friend!!!

This sounds like the complaint of someone who cannot strategized beyond a doom stack. 8)

This.... X1,000,000.  O0

Stack implies more than 1.  Single means one.  Doesn't it take more planning and ability to strategize multiples rather than singles?

No.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Freyland

Quote from: Bison on December 17, 2015, 10:16:53 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 17, 2015, 10:08:40 PM
Semantics, heathen!  If you were REALLY an engineer, you'd figure out how to make Civ V have more than one unit per hex.  Engineer THAT, my friend!!!

This sounds like the complaint of someone who cannot strategized beyond a doom stack. 8)
You seem to have mistaken Metaldog for the Civ V AI.

W8taminute

Registering here so that I may stay up to date.  Planning on getting Civ4 when it goes on sale at STEAM and then I can join you guys.


Meanwhile,

Commanding a stack of doom or even several involves just as much strategy as commanding single units that aren't allowed to be in the same hex together.  One deals with death and destruction on a titanic scale while the other deals in small unit tactics.  Both are challenging.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

W8, you can try the same route as Barthheart.  2K was giving Steam codes if you sent them a pic of your Civ box and something else.  Don't remember what.  You should look into it.

@Freyland: Give'em Hell, man!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

I just opened a support ticket on the 2K website and asked if there was a way to transfer fer my original disc copies to Steam. So far all they asked for was if my discs had the GameSpy logo.

MetalDog

I wish I could remember where I saw it, but, I know I had to take a pic of the box and receipt? or maybe the activation code? and send it to Support.  They sent me a Steam Key.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Yep, they just asked me for pictures of my original discs.... looking good so far.....  O0

Barthheart

And I'm in!  O0 Now fer some Stacks of DoomTM bashing fun.

W8taminute

I'll have to give this a shot when I get a chance.  I wonder is simply clicking on 'Install a non-Steam game onto Steam' button within Steam is all you need to do as well?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

You could certainly try that.  If not, the road Barthheart is taking will work quite well. :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob