Civilization IV Beyond the Sword mp game

Started by MetalDog, December 12, 2015, 06:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Millipede

Sorry to hear it. Check back in when you get caught up at home.

jamus34

Quote from: Freyland on April 09, 2016, 05:55:14 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on April 09, 2016, 02:10:06 PM
Quote from: Freyland on March 29, 2016, 08:58:25 AM
I am.  Life has been a bit chaotic lately, but I'm sure I can make time!

Hello Frey, if you are around this evening (and if another wants to join) Millipede and I looking to start up another Civ4 game.
I would really like to play again, but in truth there are home issues going on that at least would make me feel guilty for neglecting, and at most get significantly worse.  I'm sad, since I've enjoyed both of your esteemed company's.

Fully understand man; get your house taken care of and let us know when your ready to roll again.

Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

Thank you, gents, for the play time this evening.  Kind of in a funky spot.  Not really enough resources or gold and that's slowing research.  Plus, my Korea is next to Barthheart's Russia and AI Portugal.  Joao just built a city to finish cutting me off.  Going to decide whether I will lay back, research to Gunpowder and then go after Joao, or wait for him to declare on Barth and then choose a side.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Quote from: MetalDog on April 09, 2016, 11:19:38 PM
..... Going to decide whether I will lay back, research to Gunpowder and then go after Joao, or wait for him to declare on Barth and then choose a side.

Hey now... is there really a choice?!?  :knuppel2:

Great game so far gents. Need to get some ships in the water to find the rest of you hiding out beyond our shores......

MetalDog

Nah.  You're a pretty good neighbor.  You don't make too much noise and you don't let your dog sh*t in my yard.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

Thank you gentlemen for the time last night. I *think* I'm playing a little better than I had the last MP game.

Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

You're not dead yet.  Or asleep.  So, you're good to go  O0
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

Got three good hours in with Barthheart and Tuna this afternoon.  Alexander is off the map, taken out between my Mongols and Barthheart's French.  Tuna's Americans are still the monster of the board.  He's got Pacal as a Vassal and Zara Yaqob is his sparring partner.  Barth and me have a Defensive Pact, but I have been building troops to break it.  Zara Yaqob is distracted and I can take his capitol for very little cost.  Declaring on Ethiopia will nullify the Pact.  Oh, and Tuna is now awake to our impending loss to Barthheart's Cultural Victory.  Prolly gonna be a little war before shit is over.  ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Ummmmm.... you do know I can read this right?  >:(

And remember I haz nukes!  Lotsa nukes. :knuppel2:

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Quote from: MetalDog on April 11, 2016, 06:03:13 AM
Enough to irradiate BOTH countries?

What happens with the UN Nuclear Proliferation Treaty, any affect on Nukes already built?

MetalDog

If the Nuke Ban passes, it doesn't destroy any nukes currently made, but, it does not allow the building of more.  Any extant missiles that remain can be used, ban or no, I believe.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Quote from: MetalDog on April 11, 2016, 06:25:52 PM
If the Nuke Ban passes, it doesn't destroy any nukes currently made, but, it does not allow the building of more.  Any extant missiles that remain can be used, ban or no, I believe.

That is correct.

And my stockpile should be large enough, already, to bring on Nuclear Winter....  :coolsmiley:

MetalDog

Too bad Tuna is old and goes to bed at 6 o'clock.  We could get him online and finish this beastie!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

I got up at 0430 this morning to catch a flight to the left coast.... I won't be long out of bed myself tonight.....  :buck2: