Tabletop Simulator - Grogheads Gaming Club

Started by Bison, December 28, 2015, 08:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Indeed.

I've been puttering around a little with the rule summaries for Forbidden Stars since the rules themselves don't seem very available online. Also Republic of Rome (which does have available rules plus some good commentaries on them here and there).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile: who was it playing the Warfighter game with us on TTS, Nef? I hope I'm misremembering and it wasn't Jarhead, because based on his comments in the VASSAL discussion thread (specifically about Warfighter being disorienting to play on TTS), that might prove a stumbling block to ever finishing it!  :o

Other meanwhile, I recall some people wanting to get into A Distant Plain, the COIN series version of modern Afghanistan
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 10, 2017, 08:41:38 PM
Meanwhile: who was it playing the Warfighter game with us on TTS, Nef? I hope I'm misremembering and it wasn't Jarhead, because based on his comments in the VASSAL discussion thread (specifically about Warfighter being disorienting to play on TTS), that might prove a stumbling block to ever finishing it!  :o

Other meanwhile, I recall some people wanting to get into A Distant Plain, the COIN series version of modern Afghanistan

Ummm...

Are you implying that it's been so long since we've done our Warfighter mission that you don't remember?    :))

I'm gonna blame it on Tuna.  Yeah.   :cowboy:

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on July 10, 2017, 08:58:17 PM

Ummm...

Are you implying that it's been so long since we've done our Warfighter mission that you don't remember?    :))

I'm gonna blame it on Tuna.  Yeah.   :cowboy:

That wasn't me, that was JD!

PanzersEast

I've played both Warfighter games on TTS.  The WW2 is also done well, however unofficial.  I've played RoR solo..... not great that way.

Nefaro

Quote from: PanzersEast on July 10, 2017, 09:35:52 PM

I've played both Warfighter games on TTS.  The WW2 is also done well, however unofficial.  I've played RoR solo..... not great that way.

I watched that "teaching" video on RoR a few years ago.

It doesn't really teach the rules.  Just an overview of game flow IIRC.  :-\  Good for getting an general summary of it, but definitely not a replacement for reading.

JudgeDredd

I wasn't playing Warfighter with you both on TTS - I don't know who that was but it was I who was talking of the difficulties of boardgaming on a digital format in the Vassal thread.

I would like to point out though if I did commit to playing on TTS then I would continue through. Also I haven't given TTS much time at all so it's entirely possible I warm to the format.

Unfortunately, I have DVGs IAF Leader now on the table, I have Advanced Platoon Leader waiting in the wings (which I spent ages making because it was PnP) and I want to get that on the go and I also have the very excellent Star Wars:Rebellion which my daughter loves playing to get back to - so TTS for me might be a ways off.

Having said that, we'd normally play late at night (GMT) and so it's possible I could squeeze some time in here and there but given the times available across the pond and back I would only be looking at perhaps a couple of hours max before it's my bed time  L:-)
Alba gu' brath

Tuna

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 11, 2017, 01:06:18 AM

I wasn't playing Warfighter with you both on TTS - I don't know who that was but it was I who was talking of the difficulties of boardgaming on a digital format in the Vassal thread.

I would like to point out though if I did commit to playing on TTS then I would continue through. Also I haven't given TTS much time at all so it's entirely possible I warm to the format.

Unfortunately, I have DVGs IAF Leader now on the table, I have Advanced Platoon Leader waiting in the wings (which I spent ages making because it was PnP) and I want to get that on the go and I also have the very excellent Star Wars:Rebellion which my daughter loves playing to get back to - so TTS for me might be a ways off.

Having said that, we'd normally play late at night (GMT) and so it's possible I could squeeze some time in here and there but given the times available across the pond and back I would only be looking at perhaps a couple of hours max before it's my bed time  L:-)

It was you JD, JP confirmed it!!!.. Although it was so long ago, that maybe his memory is foggy!

JasonPratt

THANK GOD MY MEMORY WAS TERRIBLE!  :bd: :hide:

At least we have some hope of finishing that mission now sometime...  ::)

JudgeDredd

I'm confused...  :idiot2: ...you know it wasn't me that played Warfighter, right? Was it Tuna and he's just slacking?
Alba gu' brath

JasonPratt

No, it was Jarhead and we're doomed.  :hide:

Nefaro

:DD

:nerd:

When we gonna continue that, anyway?

Tuna

Tuna is SLACKING!!!? You mean Nef got back into Wow, which doesn't "bother" me. But would like to continue that game at some point.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on July 11, 2017, 01:15:49 PM
Tuna is SLACKING!!!? You mean Nef got back into Wow, which doesn't "bother" me. But would like to continue that game at some point.

I'm the one with the Saved Game.  Just gotta say when.  <:-)

JP was our decked-out killer Medic anyway.  We're just following his lead in the game, anyhow.  :))

JasonPratt

"Man, this thing is heavy!" (someone picking up a metal cross full of guns)
"That's because it's so full of mercy!"  O:-)
-- a great scene in the last story of the anime Trigun