Main Menu

New 2016 games...

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 01, 2016, 12:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Anguille

Quote from: Martok on January 02, 2016, 05:00:49 PM
Currently, my top three anticipated releases for 2016 are (in order) Stellaris, Warhammer Total War, and Oriental Empires.  This if, of course, assuming they all come out this year (of those three, Warhammer is the only one with a more-or-less firm release date). 

Other strategy titles I'm looking forward to include Lord of Rigel, Polaris Sector, M.O.R.E. (if it ever escapes development purgatory), Imperia 5X, and perhaps Civilization VI if it does end up getting announced later this year (as has been rumored for some time now).  I know there's also Endless Space 2 and the Master of Orion reboot due out later this year, but I just can't work up much excitement for them; I'm kinda hoping they'll be sleeper hits for me. 

As for non-strategy titles, I've long had my eye on Kingdom Come: Deliverance, progress has resumed on Limit Theory, and I'd forgotten (til now -- thanks Toonces!) that Mount & Blade 2 was in the works. 




Quote from: Anguille on January 01, 2016, 02:23:31 PM
Strange that they forgot Polaris Sector.
It seems like titles under the Matrix/Slitherine umbrella often get overlooked.  :-\

My list is similar to yours (as usual). Seems like 2016 will be more fun than 2015.

- Oriental Empires
- Stellaris
- Master of Orion (i am a huge fan of the first and unfortunately they don't seem to get it right, still a must buy for me even it may be the weaker of the the 4 games in the series).
- Polaris Sector
- Endless Space 2 (despite the fact that i never really fell in love with the first one, played just a couple of campaigns).
- Lord of Rigel

Imperia 5 looks interesting

MetalDog

As long as they ditch the hexes and one unit/one hex, I'm in for Civ VI!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Huw the Poo

Quote from: MetalDog on January 02, 2016, 07:00:26 PM
As long as they ditch the hexes and one unit/one hex, I'm in for Civ VI!

What has the community been saying about that?  Personally I didn't have much of a problem with one unit/one hex.

Kushan

Oh yay a Master of Orion remake. We haven't seen that before.

Stellaris and XCOM 2 are my only day 1 buys right now. I'll probably end up getting HoI IV as well. Looking forward to Fallout 4, Cities Skyline, CK2, and EUIV DLC.

I'd love to see The Elders Scrolls VI this year. Hopefully an E3 announcement with a fall release similar to Fallout 4.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

MetalDog

Quote from: Huw the Poo on January 02, 2016, 07:02:19 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 02, 2016, 07:00:26 PM
As long as they ditch the hexes and one unit/one hex, I'm in for Civ VI!

What has the community been saying about that?  Personally I didn't have much of a problem with one unit/one hex.

Fairly sure I am in the minority here, Huw.  To be honest, I haven't played one second of Civ V.  Although, I did watch for a couple of hours when some of the luminaries here played.  I didn't like anything that I saw, so, I haven't bothered to fire it up again.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Huw the Poo

But it's newer, therefore it must be shinier and betterer!

DennisS

Quote from: MetalDog on January 02, 2016, 07:00:26 PM
As long as they ditch the hexes and one unit/one hex, I'm in for Civ VI!

I disagree here. I LIKE the way Civ V handles the units. The massive Stack of Doom just didn't work for me.

jomni

Quote from: Huw the Poo on January 02, 2016, 07:02:19 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 02, 2016, 07:00:26 PM
As long as they ditch the hexes and one unit/one hex, I'm in for Civ VI!

What has the community been saying about that?  Personally I didn't have much of a problem with one unit/one hex.

Better than "Stack of doom".  Makes life harder for you when you get powerful.

Gusington

Dear Lord a new Elder Scrolls game would be most welcome.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

tgb

I'm sure Civ VI is in the works.  I'm equally sure we won't hear about it until the hubbub over XCOM 2 dies down.  Criswell predicts it will be announced this Summer as a Q4 release, and then slip into 2017.

MetalDog

Quote from: jomni on January 02, 2016, 09:51:41 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on January 02, 2016, 07:02:19 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 02, 2016, 07:00:26 PM
As long as they ditch the hexes and one unit/one hex, I'm in for Civ VI!

What has the community been saying about that?  Personally I didn't have much of a problem with one unit/one hex.

Better than "Stack of doom".  Makes life harder for you when you get powerful.


Quote from: DennisS on January 02, 2016, 09:43:39 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 02, 2016, 07:00:26 PM
As long as they ditch the hexes and one unit/one hex, I'm in for Civ VI!

I disagree here. I LIKE the way Civ V handles the units. The massive Stack of Doom just didn't work for me.


I totally understand what you are both saying.  Some of my friends here have played close to (or over) a thousand hours of Civ V and give me crap all the time about my not liking the game because of hexes and one unit per.  And therein lies the good thing about games and people.  You can like what you like and find something that scratches that itch.  V does nothing for me.  And you guys like it.  Vive le difference!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

RedArgo

Martok's list looks good, so I'm adopting it for myself.

As far as the stack of doom vs one unit per hex.  I was never a big fan of the stack of doom, but it is easier for the AI to handle.  The AI cannot effectively manage the one unit per hex, so I feel like even if heavily outgunned I can still win against the AI.  Now, if I ever played another human, I'd probably get squished.

Gusington

:) Easy solution for that ^
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RedArgo

I don't want to get squished!

That game takes forever just playing the AI, it must take months to play a game with humans.

Gusington

^You should try playing with Metal Dog :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd