Main Menu

New 2016 games...

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 01, 2016, 12:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

go watch martoks warhammer video in the other thread

Gusington

Full disclosure: I am not getting TW: Warhammer immediately at release. I'm just not. I still have to win my current Shogun 2 campaign (more than half way there!) and then start an Age of Charlemagne campaign. In between playing some other games including the new Homeworld-based one. And Mad Max. And Oriental Empires when it's released. And Pillars of Eternity.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on January 11, 2016, 06:34:14 PM
Full disclosure: I am not getting TW: Warhammer immediately at release. I'm just not. I still have to win my current Shogun 2 campaign (more than half way there!) and then start an Age of Charlemagne campaign. In between playing some other games including the new Homeworld-based one. And Mad Max. And Oriental Empires when it's released. And Pillars of Eternity.
I hear you only too well, Gus.  Also, your "to-do" list is eerily similar to my own. 

I've really enjoyed what time I've spent with the Age of Charlemagne campaign, but still want to play a lot more of it.  Pillars of Eternity strongly beckons as well, as does Homeworld (Remastered Edition) -- and in general, I really want to make sure I actually play the games I've purchased during the various autumn/holiday sales this time around (at least I kept it to a small handful this time around, but still).  :knuppel2:  And as you said, there's Oriental Empires coming out -- plus Stellaris for me...  Gah! 


All that being said, I'm thinking what I might do is sell my soul pre-order Warhammer TW (might as well get the Chaos faction for free since I know I'm going to end up getting the bloody game anyway ::) ), but then hold off on actually playing it til the first patch or two is out.  Given the typical state in which Total War titles are generally released (hey, even Rome II -- which I would have sex with if I could -- wasn't in such hot shape at first), I doubt I'll miss out on much by waiting a few weeks to dive into it...especially when there's already so much other excellent gaming to be had! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

The Chaos factor does make me stop and think. I need to remain strong though. And if you do have sex with Rome 2 at least you waited until all he major bugs were squashed. Just make sure you use some Emperor's Edition condoms.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro


Martok

Brilliant, bbmike!  Absolutely brilliant.  ;D 




Quote from: Gusington on January 11, 2016, 07:06:39 PM
The Chaos factor does make me stop and think. I need to remain strong though.
Then be strong for the both of us; I already know I'm not gonna hold out.  Hell, I'm even considering purchasing the High King Edition.  :-[ 



Quote from: Gusington on January 11, 2016, 07:06:39 PM
And if you do have sex with Rome 2 at least you waited until all he major bugs were squashed. Just make sure you use some Emperor's Edition condoms.
:2funny:

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Toonces

Ok, now that was funny!   O0

I'm holding off.  While I'm sure I'll get it eventually, I'm not a huge Warhammer fan, and like Gus, I have a huge backlog of Total War to get through.  In fact, besides M2TW, I really haven't gotten my money's worth out of any of the other Total War titles.  For as much as I love the series, I truly don't play it enough.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Commander you owe it to yourself to play all iterations of Shogun 2.

Martok do you have a link to the High King edition?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

You guys don't get it. It's not the games we PLAN to play, it's the games, that the games, TELL US to play. That we end up playing. I'm still planning to finish Skyrim like the government plans to cut spending. After I lose weight and go back to college.  :idiot2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Heh.  You may be onto something there, Sir Slash. 




Quote from: Gusington on January 12, 2016, 09:24:58 AM
Martok do you have a link to the High King edition?
Sure.  I posted the link in the main Warhammer TW thread as well. 

https://warhammer.kmhub.com/

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Thanks Martok, I will look at this later on a proper PC. And once again send you the receipt!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

You're welcome, Gus.  But I'm now very doubtful that I'm getting the High King Edition myself.  I hadn't actually checked out the price til now, and it's a *lot* steeper than I would've guessed (especially if you don't live in the UK). 

I probably should've known better, given the regular edition is already going to be $59.99 (and how much of that is greed on Sega's part, or if the price is a reflection of some sort of automatic cut/markup for Games Workshop, I have no idea), but I was blindsided anyway.  :-[ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

I am really curious to see which game is coming out first...i have no idea at this point! We could stratégie The best.