Main Menu

Friday On My Mind!

Started by Anguille, January 15, 2016, 05:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Huw the Poo

Happy birthday Kushan!

For me it will be almost exclusively Wurm Online.  Seriously getting into this now, in fact I just went premium.  The cow I talked about last week gave birth to a healthy young calf last night so I've got some rearing to do.  I also constructed a large cart which I could pull myself at a massive speed penalty, or hitch a couple of horses to.  So now I need to get my hands on some horses and tame them.  My alliance probably has plenty of spares they could give me but I prefer to do as much myself as possible.  Oh, and I've also been doing some serious fletching ahead of my first hunting expedition!  The alliance are kindly keeping the academy's cookhouse stocked with food but I need to learn to manage myself, so a-huntin' I will go.

Lastly, I'm in the midst of starting to commence thinking about staking my own claim on the world.  I've been doing up the house my alliance gave me and learning how it all works...now I want to start from scratch on a deed that is wholly mine.

It really is a fantastic game when you get into it.  Not for everyone, certainly, but absolutely for me.

Dammit Carl!

I'm keeping it simple this weekend and just going to shoot things.  From zombies in Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmares, to the enemy of whichever side I'm on in RO2 / Rising Storm.

bruce205

Lost time poster,first time browsing...errr ... nevermind :)  Love this forum and all the banter !!
First things first, Happy birthday Kushan !! And Banzai Cat, I was thinking about attempting my first foray into Thunderbolt/Apache Leader. Only have had it for a year !!  Any tips?
Working for weekend and Monday but will also play some Witcher 3. Haven't even scratched the surface but what an awesome game !!
Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bruce

JasonPratt

Quote from: Barthheart on January 15, 2016, 07:57:11 AM
Heroes of Normandie PBEM with Cyrano... if he remembers we have a game going.....

I see a distinct but ironic lack of mention of another PBEM game you're running there...  :knuppel2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

I'm not a big fan of zombie games, Carl -- Undead Nightmare and 7 Days to Die are the only ones I recall playing -- but RDR:UN makes for a great alternate (very) extended ending to the original game.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Dammit Carl!

Yeah; started playing the zombie one right away, so I think I've spoilered myself on some things to come in RDR.  Eh, a western themed Grand Theft Auto type game is fun regardless, so its all good.

Barthheart

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 15, 2016, 03:59:38 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 15, 2016, 07:57:11 AM
Heroes of Normandie PBEM with Cyrano... if he remembers we have a game going.....

I see a distinct but ironic lack of mention of another PBEM game you're running there...  :knuppel2:

LOL! Err... yeah.... and continuing my PBEM game of DC3 with Jason.....  :-[


And Happy B Day Kushan.

IronX

Playing the Task Force Spartan Resolve campaign for CM Black Sea, which I am very much enjoying. Also spending the weekend scoping out parts for a new rig. I love my Mac, but it ain't no gaming machine.

Silent Disapproval Robot

#38
Quote from: Barthheart on January 15, 2016, 04:56:32 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on January 15, 2016, 03:59:38 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 15, 2016, 07:57:11 AM
Heroes of Normandie PBEM with Cyrano... if he remembers we have a game going.....

I see a distinct but ironic lack of mention of another PBEM game you're running there...  :knuppel2:

LOL! Err... yeah.... and continuing my PBEM game of DC3 with Jason.....  :-[



And?



(don't blow up my carrier!  I'm not done using it...)


Huw the Poo


Barthheart

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 15, 2016, 05:19:58 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 15, 2016, 04:56:32 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on January 15, 2016, 03:59:38 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 15, 2016, 07:57:11 AM
Heroes of Normandie PBEM with Cyrano... if he remembers we have a game going.....

I see a distinct but ironic lack of mention of another PBEM game you're running there...  :knuppel2:

LOL! Err... yeah.... and continuing my PBEM game of DC3 with Jason.....  :-[



And?



(don't blow up my carrier!  I'm not done using it...)

Be quiet! Yer the first line in my first post.... Torpedoes away!

MetalDog

Happy birthday, Kushan!  Enjoy your hangover ;)

Welcome, bruce205!  If that's your area code, then, ROLL TIDE!

As for games, it'll be some video watching on Seven Years War to figure out how to micro battles better.  And I had a hankering for some Hearts Of Iron II, so, I found my old discs and loaded them up.  I got my ass handed to me as Yugoslavia in a warm up game.  Just as I was about to start building my invasion forces, to take advantage of the chaos Germany brings, the Axis declared war on me!  Game over, Player One. 

After refamiliarizing myself with some of the controls and nuances, I have a game started as Italy.  I am going to forgo my usual tactic of consecutive runs of IC and just go straight in to building ships and infantry.  I am planning to make the Med a Roman lake again and I will intervene in the Spanish Civil War, with the goal of capturing and holding territory.  Then, I will turn my attention to Yugoslavia.  All the while trying to stay out of the Axis and fly under the Allies radar.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Wasn't the creepy guy in the back of the car also the South African official in the second Lethal Weapon film?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

Welcome Bruce 205 to the Grogs where every Friday we spend so much time talking about what we're playing on the weekend that we don't get around to it. But we are making progress. We've agreed which day of the week is officially 'Friday'. It's any day between Thursday night and Monday morning regardless of time zones. It's been a slow process.  :P
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

panzerde

I think he was also the Russian ambassador in Doctor Strangelove.

Happy birthday, Kushan! Many more!

Here, here, well spoken Bruce!



"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres