Its a good time to be a space sim junkie.

Started by Jarhead0331, January 18, 2016, 08:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

I think I saw you playing Evochron Legacy recently, JH?

If so, I'm sure I and others would be interested in your comparisons. (I've got that and the X3:TC/AP games already; not Elite or Star Citizen yet. But I haven't played X3 or Evochron yet.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

#31
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 23, 2016, 02:56:05 AM
This game hates Windows 10. I can't get any device to friggen work. Thinking about getting a refund.

Oh, wait, hadn't read that yet in the Friday thread!  :'( Hopefully won't be a problem for Win 8.1...  :-\

Also, hope you can get your control configs sorted out on it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 24, 2016, 07:23:40 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 23, 2016, 02:56:05 AM
This game hates Windows 10. I can't get any device to friggen work. Thinking about getting a refund.

Oh, wait, hadn't read that yet in the Friday thread!  :'( Hopefully won't be a problem for Win 8.1...  :-\

Also, hope you can get your control configs sorted out on it.

It seems to only be a problem with the X55 on win 10. You should be ok on win 8.1. Vice is working on fixing it though, and he has ordered his own x55 to troubleshoot it. Pretty solid move I think!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Cougar_DK

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 24, 2016, 07:52:10 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on January 24, 2016, 07:23:40 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 23, 2016, 02:56:05 AM
This game hates Windows 10. I can't get any device to friggen work. Thinking about getting a refund.

Oh, wait, hadn't read that yet in the Friday thread!  :'( Hopefully won't be a problem for Win 8.1...  :-\

Also, hope you can get your control configs sorted out on it.

It seems to only be a problem with the X55 on win 10. You should be ok on win 8.1. Vice is working on fixing it though, and he has ordered his own x55 to troubleshoot it. Pretty solid move I think!

That is indeed great news  O0
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

JasonPratt

Finally deciphered the shipbuilding arcanae in Evochron: Legacy, and after blinging up my starting "Arrow" build for a more trade-explorer path (which the game could have offered me directly but I wanted to learn better), I flew my first accepted mission photographing the night side of the nearby wretched planet; then dropped down to refuel at a local surface base (looking for some cheap textiles while I was at it), and got battered by an unexpected carbon-rain thunderstorm.

I have taken my first step into a whole new world. I'm not entirely sure I've ever played a HanSoloish space 4x sim. I mean, I've known about them since before prehistoric times, but I don't think I've ever played one. Ever. And I love both games like Wing Commander, and games like Sid Meir's Pirates (and so naturally I wanted Privateer, but never got around to buying it, mainly because my computer specs were barely good enough to play Strike Commander).

No doubt this will end Friday afternoon when I get home from work to fire up XCOM2. But still. Achievement accomplished, or something like that.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Boggit

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 18, 2016, 08:44:26 PM
Elite, Star Citizen, Rogue System and now Evochron Legacy...looks like it was just released today. Sure its not as flashy as some of the others, but for a one-man development team, I'm impressed. 40% off making it $14.99...sold!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/398170/
When do you have time to play all your collection? I struggle to play mine - and with a lot of games gathering virtual dust too! And I suspect you have more games than me! ;D
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat