"Feeling Old" 2016 Edition

Started by BanzaiCat, January 26, 2016, 02:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bob48

'Multiple Bogies on your Six'
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 16, 2016, 04:24:54 PM
I absolutely LOVED Top Gun and still stick it on from time to time. Mainly because of the Tomcat (and no - that's not a sexy name for Tom Cruise - I'm talking about the plane).

But I still enjoyed the story. Shame about the ridiculous Migs and the fact there was absolutely no panic required by the fleet as the "Migs" clearly only had A2A weapons and no A2S missile capability  :idiot2:

It's best not to analyze the movie too closely.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Except for the volleyball scene, if you're Star.

Grrrrrrowl
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on May 16, 2016, 05:29:48 PM
Except for the volleyball scene, if you're Star.

Grrrrrrowl

He's in Florida. He watches that live everyday.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Grrrrrrrowl...playing with the boys indeed.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Ah, Top Gun. One of those movies that tried so hard to be macho that it actually came off as incredibly gay (not that there's anything wrong with that). Just like Days of Thunder and Roadhouse and a whole host of others.

Sir Slash

I Feel The Need. The Need.... to take a nap. But I USED to feel a need for speed.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Top Gun will always be one of my favorites despite its dripping with The Ghey. When I was 12 there was nothing cooler. I really hope the "sequel" coming out is halfway decent, or at least not nightmarish.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on May 19, 2016, 06:58:49 AM
Top Gun will always be one of my favorites despite its dripping with The Ghey. When I was 12 there was nothing cooler. I really hope the "sequel" coming out is halfway decent, or at least not nightmarish.

"Sequel"?

Oh no....
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Yeah...Cruise is supposedly reprising his role as Maverick and is now the lead instructor at the school.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart


BanzaiCat


BanzaiCat

75 years ago today, the Bismark was sunk.

Bawb certainly has some stories to share...as does his stache.

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 27, 2016, 11:21:37 AM
75 years ago today, the Bismark was sunk.

Bawb certainly has some stories to share...as does his stache.

Strange battle. Bob serving in the Royal Navy, his stache in the Kriegsmarine.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus