"Feeling Old" 2016 Edition

Started by BanzaiCat, January 26, 2016, 02:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bayonetbrant

another abuse of then'than, but the sentiment still holds

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Jennifer Aniston is 47 years old.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Still hotter then any Kardashian.  O0

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on July 13, 2016, 01:57:01 PM
Still hotter then any Kardashian.  O0

Agreed, but it's dangerous to say a woman is 50 when she's only 47 and looks 35.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I think it's safe to say that a goat is hotter than a Kardashian. And has more of a lease on life than any of those wastes of space.

acctingman

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 26, 2016, 03:14:23 PM
I hear you BC. But look up man. Grandkids are the Bomb. They do all the dumb things you kids did that used to make you mad but now they're funny because their parents have to clean it up. Plus they'll tend to believe you over the parents when you tell them how tough it was to raise "Mom" or "Dad".

Did a grandparent just say the word "the Bomb"?

You aren't that old Sir Slash  O0

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 13, 2016, 02:24:26 PM
I think it's safe to say that a goat is hotter than a Kardashian. And has more of a lease on life than any of those wastes of space.

I'll defer to our resident goat expert on that.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

I have earned my right to use out-of-date expressions like 'The Bomb' and 'You're Another One' because I am older than the dirt the dinosaurs were buried in. It also lets me get away with 'Talking Smack'- another old one- to young people and perusing a young girls figure with out getting my old, wrinkled ass kicked. Unless my wife is present.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

47th anniversary of the moon landing.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Quote from: MetalDog on July 20, 2016, 07:41:00 PM
47th anniversary of the moon landing.



I watch it live.
In my feetypajamas.
On a B&W tv screen that was smaller than the window on my current microwave oven door.

My dad actually filmed a home movie of my mom and sister and I sitting there watching. Somewhere in my parents' attic the reel must still exist
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

That is really cool, Stagger.  You should seriously try to dig that up and get it digitized.

I've always loved space.  Thinking about the solar system and how we are going to get out there.  And when.  Can't wait for that to happen.  And my granddaughter told me she wants to be an astronomer.  I am so excited for her :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

I saw it too live and in color-- my Dad had to have color TV. But of course it didn't matter because.... the telecast was in Black & White anyway. But we did get to see Walter Cronkite cry in color. I was 13. No feety pajamas.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Slash you're only 60?? The way you talk I thought you were way older.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

It's not age young man but the mileage that counts. And of that, we should not speak. In Dog-Years, I'm 420. That's older than Bob's Bunions.  :-X
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

I was still a month away from being born when they landed. My mom told me several times she was convinced I was going to be born the day of the landing, so she was only a leeeeetle off.