"Feeling Old" 2016 Edition

Started by BanzaiCat, January 26, 2016, 02:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

the kids asked me if was alive when Elvis was alive...yes...that's old... :( ...go to your room.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bayonetbrant

Here's the same kid from the album cover, recreating the picture today

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

ghostryder

I remember smoking on a plane-and I have 9 grand kids-and my youngest kid is 33.

To feel old I just re-read the above  :P

Barthheart


Sir Slash

Put the kid in the creek.  :-X
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MikeGER

#204
Quote from: Barthheart on October 07, 2016, 02:06:06 PM


Ahh...tell the kid that its possibly an older type droid junk item from the Clone Wars >:D
where skirmishes touched also this arm of the galaxy and maybe our planet long before God created Adam and Eve and the dinosaurs n stuff here 6000 year ago, and the droid seemed to have belonged to LieNerd SkyNerd (Lynyrd Skynyrd, nyrd old writing form for nerd) who must have been some far relative of the famous Skywalker family... 

nelmsm

Been fun catching up on this thread. If I want to piss the wife off I just remind her I  was born in the fifties, even if there were only 5 months left of it. Can't believe none of you old timers that only had black and white TVs that you were your fathers remote control when he wanted to switch between the three or channels you had.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Yes, I was my Father's remote control channel and volume changer even after I had gone to bed. The really bad part was when he was trying to watch 2 football games at the same time.  8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 10, 2016, 06:38:34 PMThe really bad part was when he was trying to watch 2 football games at the same time.  8)


Wait, I thought Teddy Roosevelt had suspended football games back then!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

panzerde

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 10, 2016, 06:49:41 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 10, 2016, 06:38:34 PMThe really bad part was when he was trying to watch 2 football games at the same time.  8)


Wait, I thought Teddy Roosevelt had suspended football games back then!


Only for a few months right after the McKinley assassination. We were allowed to play the next season.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres