The Lordz Games Studio strikes a licence deal on Check Your 6!

Started by Lord Zimoa, February 01, 2016, 06:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on January 30, 2018, 09:05:22 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 30, 2018, 06:36:41 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on January 30, 2018, 06:18:40 PM
So this is this the sort of game I really would have been interested in before technology gave us combat flightsims.  I mean, now we can actually do all that stuff "for real" without worrying about cards or die rolls, so why not plug in a joystick and play CloD if you want to experience air combat in 1940?

Because my reflexes make sims not fun to play, I don't have the equipment to play sims (proper joystick, track IR etc), and I prefer turn based games now.

Do what I do, be a bomber pilot! ;-)

Those are called "targets", Tuna.

:cowboy:

Lord Zimoa

We will release a random map/scenario generator later in time, the one we use intern at the moment is absolutely not user friendly enough to release on day one. We need to sit down and make it much more user friendly.

Barthheart

Richie61

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

FarAway Sooner

Lord Zimoa

Check Your 6! Dev Diary – Differences Between Tabletop and Digital.
Today, we're here to share a bit of the developing process with you.
If you want to read the whole Dev Diary, which contains a bunch of new screenshots, go here!

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=506&t=82604

Zulu1966

Looks awesome...and glad to see plans to provide lots of DLC and move into jet age. Can't remember is there a release timeframe yet ?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Lord Zimoa

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

I am looking forward to the regular release but I have to say the most loin moistening part is the jet age DLC. Hope that is not too far off.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2018, 01:24:51 PM
I am looking forward to the regular release but I have to say the most loin moistening part is the jet age DLC. Hope that is not too far off.

Jet Age is fun, particularly the pre-missile and early missile eras. Once you get into more modern stuff, the missiles can be brutal.

A big thing about Jet Age is the use of afterburners. The additional movement you gain can get you out of some tight spots.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

Sounds great. Should be some great Cold War scenarios/campaigns eh? Some Korean War/Vietnam/Suez?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2018, 02:21:14 PM
Sounds great. Should be some great Cold War scenarios/campaigns eh? Some Korean War/Vietnam/Suez?

Yes, there are some excellent scenarios/campaigns for all of those. The table top version has separate scenario books for each of those theaters. I'm guessing the PC game will do them as expansion DLCs.

Gusington

Looking forward to it. I missed out on some of the great MicroProse games on similar air combat but I am psyched for this. It will be pretty new for me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd