The Lordz Games Studio strikes a licence deal on Check Your 6!

Started by Lord Zimoa, February 01, 2016, 06:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mirth

You'd feel differently if you played the table top game. It's very good and should translate well to PC.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

acctingman

Quote from: mirth on October 12, 2017, 01:19:57 PM
You'd feel differently if you played the table top game. It's very good and should translate well to PC.

+1

-1 for thinking I'm Porkins like

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

The physical copy will be delivered with 4 bottles of Jamesons.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on October 12, 2017, 01:18:12 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about a turn-based air combat game. 

Heresy!





Quote
I played some game a while back, Flight Commander 3? Something like that.  It was fun in a way, but I dunno.  Something about single aircraft turn-based doesn't work for me.  I'd prefer to see something more like the Downtown boardgame TBH.


If you want something like Downtown, then watch for the upcoming one, based on the same system, for WW1 - Bloody April.  I'd rather have had Elusive Victory, and it's Arab-Israeli War setting, but I'm sure WW1 was just easier to start with due to more simplistic air defenses, ECM, etc.

I still enjoy the turn-based ones on the individual level more.  Actually, CY6 is more of a WEGO system than FC3 and others.

mirth

Quote from: Nefaro on October 12, 2017, 03:20:05 PMActually, CY6 is more of a WEGO system than FC3 and others.

Good point. CY6 is turn-based WEGO.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Toonces

I have both Bloody April and Elusive Victory.  On a boardgaming front, I find EV far easier to conceptualize than BA. 

Having said that, now you're talking.  I'm throwing money at the screen right now.  Hopefully the hard copy will also come with Jameson.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on October 12, 2017, 03:57:18 PM
I have both Bloody April and Elusive Victory.  On a boardgaming front, I find EV far easier to conceptualize than BA. 

Having said that, now you're talking.  I'm throwing money at the screen right now.  Hopefully the hard copy will also come with Jameson.


Did you ever sign up for the next one in the series, Red Storm, on P500?

It will have a solitaire friendly no-FOW and Bot modes included.   <:-) 


Time to bomb those pesky capitalist pig-dogs into eternity, Comrade!   :))




Toonces

Ooohhhh...    :buck2:

No I didn't see that.  I shall rectify my P500 status stat!  That looks loin-moisteningly tasty!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Toonces

Downtown is one of my top 5 favorite boardgames of all time, next to Carrier and then I'm not sure what else.

I've often contemplated home-brewing a Europe WW3 Cold War version, which really isn't much of a stretch at all.  The only surprise is that Brimme-etc. has waited this long to rake in the cash.  I would have done it 10 years ago and then spent the last decade on some beach in Thailand with unlimited scotch and women. 

But that's just me.  Some enjoy the English climate I guess...or having less money.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Toonces on October 12, 2017, 09:57:33 PM
Some enjoy the English climate I guess...or having less money.

The latter definitely comes with the former. :(

Lord Zimoa

Just a quick update, we just finished testing the first CY6! Beta Matrix installer and all looks good.

So we have given a green-light to Slitherine/Matrix to start the Check Your 6! Beta program. :bd:


Cheers,

Tim aka LZ


FlickJax


BanzaiCat