Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2

Started by Martok, February 18, 2016, 03:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Sir Slash

Waiting on a sale. I haven't even gotten past the base PoE game yet.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

gameleaper

this game looks like Boldurs Gate - which is reason enough to buy, but I have all BGs and IceWinds, so I don't wish to buy PoE ., is the game PoE a lot more better than BG?

jamus34

For better or worse it is a lot like BG2. I'm not that far into it myself but I do like it. Combat can definitely be challenging if you are out of position. I've had some battles I get wiped out and then I try again with different placement and barely get scratched.
Insert witty comment here.

Rayfer

Quote from: gameleaper on February 19, 2016, 03:17:01 AM
this game looks like Boldurs Gate - which is reason enough to buy, but I have all BGs and IceWinds, so I don't wish to buy PoE ., is the game PoE a lot more better than BG?

Just my opinion, I'm certain others will disagree, but to me PoE is better than the earlier BG's and Icewind Dale games.  And yes, I have played all the BG and Icewind Dale games, and PoE.  To me PoE had a better story, UI and combat system.

Sir Slash

I love both of them. PoE has an improved UI and is easier overall to play-- meaning you don't have to fight the game and things are laid-out and easier to find/ understand which does what to who. The story for me is a little less interesting as are some of the NPC's and enemies but this certainly isn't a knock. It's a great Hack & Slash game.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro


gameleaper

thx, I may grab it at Xmas, but I think BG may be good enough to keep me until then. tempting though

Tuna

This is on sale this weekend, both Whit Marches for 15 bucks.. worth grabbing?

airboy

I'm about 2/3rds of the way through Pillars of Eternity. 

The path finding is SO MUCH BETTER than the other Bioware titles.  I love Icewind Dale and others - but you have to keep clicking on your people, and keep clicking, or they wander off everywhere.  They are like idiot sheep that fall down wells.  AARGH!!!  Pillars of Eternity thankfully much improves the pathing.

Sir Slash

Agree totally. And you can program your party to react in different ways to different threats in combat in any number of different combinations. Or just leave them dumb and give them 'Click' orders. The only problem I've had was forgetting to bring along my Ranger's Pet Wolf until leaving an area. But thankfully he runs to join the party anyway. The game's pretty fool-proof.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I am so honest that I was once asked the question, "Does this dress make my ass look fat"? I said, "No. It's your ass that makes the dress look fat".  Top that for Honesty and Fool-dom at the same time.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.