Russian Kitsch (Sea Dogs)

Started by Philippe, February 28, 2016, 08:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Philippe

The latest iteration of Sea Dogs (Korsair in Russian) is currently available on Steam.

It's probably buggy as hell but I couldn't help myself.

It looks very similar to Age of Pirates II, and it usually takes a while to get the kinks out of the translation.

I wonder what the brothel in Martinique is like ...
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

JasonPratt

IN MARTINIQUE BROTHEL COMRADA DOES YOU!  :))

I own Age of Pirate 2 but have never played it. I was curious whether the recent spate of Age of Sail-ish games would bring that property back soon.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Philippe

From the little that I've seen so far, this game is probably best characterized as Age of Pirates 2.5.

The graphics are higher resolution, you can play it on a relatively modern monitor, but it just moved from the Russian to the English version, so besides having a lot of bugs the translated parts of the text often read like they were englished by google translate.

I've walked around Martinique and visited all of the locations.  I'd say that it's 95% the same as the Martinique in AOP2.  Could be my memory but the fort seems slightly different, and the dungeon in town is certainly different (no psychotic episodes with skeleton hallucinations).

In about a year this is going to be a great game.  Right now it needs some work.

I haven't gotten a ship yet, and I'm curious to know if some of the more anniyng simplifications to ship handling are still there.

From what I've heard the map of the Caribbean is the AOP2 map.  Could be better, could be worse.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.