Main Menu

Sniper Elite 4!

Started by Grim.Reaper, March 07, 2016, 07:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Fonzie stole his girl back in the day.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Before or after he jumped the shark?

Sorry didn't realize that was a comment for me. Anyway...

I just want to play a FPS against Italian forces.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Got some time with it tonight....still way early, but generally feels the same as past versions.  Although in first mission, feels like its one man against an entire German army:)  But still loads of fun for me.

Gusington

I have never played any in the series but I have #2 and have installed it to see what all the fuss is about. IIRC it takes place during the fall of Berlin, 1945.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on February 14, 2017, 06:21:24 PM
I have never played any in the series but I have #2 and have installed it to see what all the fuss is about. IIRC it takes place during the fall of Berlin, 1945.

#2 is the only FPS game I have ever completely finished.

Gusington

Whoa. What about it did you like the most?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on February 14, 2017, 06:33:59 PM
Whoa. What about it did you like the most?

It was the first sniper game I ever played.....the xray kill cam was fresh so was kinda cool to watch people die in different ways:)  I just liked the different missions and having to mostly perform sniper duty to achieve your objectives.  Certainly at times it turned into a killfest, but just liked the atmosphere and missions.  However, I never did complete sniper #3, even if it was more wide open...no idea if I'll complete #4, but will certainly get my money's worth.

Gusington

^I bet you'd finish if you could go up against the Italian Army.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Lots of Italians in Sniper Elite 3 to shoot if you're so inclined, Gus.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 14, 2017, 06:54:54 PM
Lots of Italians in Sniper Elite 3 to shoot if you're so inclined, Gus.

I never made it completely through, but thought the enemy was the German Afrika Korps?  Certainly up until the point I quit, don't recall any Italians. 

Gusington

^That's what I thought. And that's why I was excited for #4, set in Italy. To fight...Italians.

Fascists, of course.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

No idea if accurate, but this site does show Italians listed as enemy soldiers....

http://sniperelitegame.wikia.com/wiki/Sniper_Elite_III

Gusington

Hmm the Royal Italian Army is listed too.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

This is kinda sorta what I've been looking to read:

http://sniperelitegame.wikia.com/wiki/Royal_Italian_Army

The Royal Italian Army was the Army of the Kingdom of Italy from 1861 to the formation of the Italian Republic in 1946.

They were part of the Axis powers during the Second World War, and Allied with Germany and Japan.

Karl Fairburne had to engage them in combat several times whilst he was in Africa in 1942.

They will feature again in Sniper Elite 4, which is set entirely in Italy.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd