First Volkswagen and now Mitsubishi?

Started by WallysWorld, April 21, 2016, 11:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mitsubishimotors-regulations-idUSKCN0XH0LG

Mitsubishi Motors Corp (7211.T) admitted to manipulating test data to overstate the fuel economy of 625,000 cars sold in Japan, knocking its shares down more than 15 percent and wiping $1.2 billion off its market value on Wednesday.

Mitsubishi Motors said the fuel economy levels of models made for the local market were up to a tenth lower than stated in its test results. It said it manipulated those levels to gain a favorable reading for its fuel economy certification.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

Mitsubishi is a shell of its former self here in the northeast US. I would have to drive at least 50 miles to find a dealership.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Have they just scaled back NA operations much like Suzuki automotive or is it otherwise?

Gusington

Suzuki filed for bankruptcy IIRC. We can always go shopping for Isuzus.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd