Qvadriga: Roman Chariot Racing Game

Started by Gusington, June 01, 2012, 12:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

I don't know about you but I feel like I have been waiting for something like this for 2000 years at least:

http://www.turnopia.com/

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on June 01, 2012, 12:09:17 PM
I don't know about you but I feel like I have been waiting for something like this for 2000 years at least:

http://www.turnopia.com/

You need to spend some time unplugged.

Between your steampunk addiction and chariot racing withdrawal, you're missing out on some good non-electronic fun.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

If I unplugged I wouldn't be able to play Qvadriga or collect phat lootz.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on June 01, 2012, 12:14:00 PM
If I unplugged I wouldn't be able to play Qvadriga or collect phat lootz.

You're hopeless.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart

Quote from: LongBlade on June 01, 2012, 12:12:08 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 01, 2012, 12:09:17 PM
I don't know about you but I feel like I have been waiting for something like this for 2000 years at least:

http://www.turnopia.com/

You need to spend some time unplugged.

Between your steampunk addiction and chariot racing withdrawal, you're missing out on some good non-electronic fun.

Don't listen to him Gus.... that way lays madness...

Bison


Tpek

Quote from: Gusington on June 01, 2012, 12:09:17 PM
I don't know about you but I feel like I have been waiting for something like this for 2000 years at least:

http://www.turnopia.com/

Nice find Gus!

Gusington

Yeah interesting eh? I used to love the chariot racing in Centurion. I am going to make a point to check this out. Seems fresh and new. I also like that the player can sign up with different 'sponsors' and also get different types of chariots and horses.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison


Gusington

^Actually...I think you may be able to. Part of the game appears to be trying to take out your competition.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

It's out... who's trying it first???

JD ?  ;)

There's a demo too... just played to races died both times.... dragged to death and run over....

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grimnirsson

QuoteI understand that this is going to be a 1 player game. Are there any thoughts as to adding a multi-player option to the game? Indeed, would this be possible?

Multiplayer has been a possibility since the development began. However, when the single player racing system was done the most important additional feature was a campaign, which later grew until it actually became the core of the game. Multiplayer is still a desired feature, but it would need a huge effort to make it possible because this kind of game requires some special features: dedicated servers, simultaneous turn playing, variable number of opponents, fast turn pacing. But if people connect with the racing system, this is a future task I would like to try.
http://www.wargamer.com/article/3494/interview-qvadriga-developer-interview

LOL, MP is not a desired feature with this kind of game it's a necessary feature especially if the inspiration is the classic AH Circus Maximus - who would play that solitaire? And 'huge effort' because of "dedicated servers, simultaneous turn playing, variable number of opponents, fast turn pacing"???? What the heck, the game is sold via Slitherine they have servers for such turn based games and the server based PbEM works great in other games. And this server based PbEM naturally allows simultaneous turn playing, variable number of opponents etc.. I don't get it...this may be a good game but it could have been awesome for the boardgame fans just by making it a MP game.
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 04, 2014, 12:25:19 PM
lol - it's not really my cup of tea

or Combat Mission, or Gary Grigsbys catalogue, goddamit i wish i could remember more!!!

JudgeDredd

No - I am actually being serious now
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people