Qvadriga: Roman Chariot Racing Game

Started by Gusington, June 01, 2012, 12:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tgb

Quote from: Nefaro on March 13, 2014, 09:46:25 AM
Quote from: tgb on March 13, 2014, 08:55:30 AM
Some good news and some not-so-good.

First I think I found a pretty serious bug in the auto-resolve:  In my last race we were down to just 3 surviving aurigas (tough circus). After having a horse die and a wheel damaged, there was no way I was going to recover from third place so I hit the auto-finish button. Instead of getting third-place money, I was just awarded a finish.


That's not a bug.

If you use the Auto-Resolve to finish the race for you, it automatically gives you a "Finish" reward no matter what.

It's a reasonable trade-off since it can actually save your auriga from death or your chariot & horses from being destroyed.

I was afraid of that.

JudgeDredd

I didn't notice that because I hadn't auto finished. I didn't even know you could and very painfully worked my way round the arena on one particular occasion...very, very slowly!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Zonso

This is an addicting game. The premise and execution is simple, yet it compels the "one more turn" cliche. The variability in each race overcomes any sense of sameness.

Has anyone else noticed an increased chance of damaging your horses when whipping after the update? I have raced a couple dozen times after the update and it seems to me to be the case now.

Some good tips from Nefaro; however with two cornering skills for your Auriga, you can be considerably more aggressive with the corners ime.

Kind of a sleeper hit for me.

Jack Nastyface

FYI...just bought this game and am loving it.  I like the fact that this is a historical sport game with sometimes deadly outcomes.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Grim.Reaper

I tried the demo, couldn't win for the life of me.  Looks like it could be fun if I can figure it out.