Beta testing for strategic command

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 01, 2016, 05:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper


Greybriar

Thanks for the heads-up, Grim.  O0

But let's save a step. Here's a link to the Matrix Games Beta Test page.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Ian C


Hofstadter

My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Rayfer


jomni


tgb

Is anyone else as bored with WWII as I am?

FlickJax

never, but those screenshots didnt wet my whistle at all.....

bbmike

Quote from: FlickJax on June 01, 2016, 10:56:51 AM
never, but those screenshots didnt wet my whistle at all.....

Then you should go back and look at Strategic Command 2 screenshots.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Greybriar

Quote from: jomni on June 01, 2016, 07:38:17 AM
Battlefront dumped the franchise?
Maybe Fury Software dumped Battlefront? :-\

Quote from: tgb on June 01, 2016, 10:50:06 AM
Is anyone else as bored with WWII as I am?
I am not any more bored with World War II than I am with the countless PC games of all other time periods being offered today.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Wolfe1759

Quote from: tgb on June 01, 2016, 10:50:06 AM
Is anyone else as bored with WWII as I am?

"No, Sir, when a man is tired of WWII, he is tired of war gaming; for there is in WWII all that gaming can afford." - (not) Samuel Johnson.

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

GJK

Also am glad that it's back to hexes but I just can't help but getting the feeling that it's another flavor of "Panzer General" or maybe too similar to "Commander: Europe at War".  I'll have to read the developers log though to see if this offers enough uniqueness and depth of play for me however.

But I sure wish somebody would remake Computer Third Reich or even better, add an AI to the A World at War pbem tool that is out there.  Computer War in Europe has wonderful boardgame like implementation but that thing is just too much of a monster for my tastes but would love to have an AI with it as otherwise.  Ron Dockal's game is probably closer to something that I'd seek if I were really Jonesing for a computer adaption of "War in Europe" but that thing is even more of a monster than CWIE.  Overall, I'd just stick with TOAW and the many various scales and implementations of ETO that you can get with it - and with the graphical improvements to it, why look elsewhere on the computer side of things?
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

sandman2575

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on June 01, 2016, 04:10:17 PM
"No, Sir, when a man is tired of WWII, he is tired of war gaming; for there is in WWII all that gaming can afford." - (not) Samuel Johnson.

Well played, sir, well played.  :coolsmiley:

PipFromSlitherine

While it's well out of my wheelhouse, at our recent developer event I got to see it running and a walkthrough of some AI behaviours and it is pretty impressive in that regard.  I think it will be mana from (grog-) heaven for a lot of people :)

Cheers

Pip

Zonso

Squares or hexes, this will be a day 1 purchase. The 'Strategic Command series' has had years of refinement from the player base to make arguably the best WWII strategic game period. This looks to expand on an already good thing, and as mentioned it has a very, very good AI.