It's soothing, I tell you...soothing...

Started by Cyrano, June 29, 2016, 01:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

...and then you'd have not $20 -- which can buy many peanuts -- and a lot of Rolling Rock.

I do not see how this is good.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Pinetree

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 22, 2016, 11:11:13 AM
Hmm.

Okay, well, laminating I can see as being perfectly fine. Little baggies for cards, though...that just strikes me as weird.

I'll definitely be putting some weird on then when Fields of Fire is finally reprinted.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Cyrano on July 22, 2016, 04:45:45 PM
...and then you'd have not $20 -- which can buy many peanuts -- and a lot of Rolling Rock.

I do not see how this is good.

I don't, either. I would assume mirth has better taste than to blow $20 on 8,000 ounces of carbonated horse piss.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Does the UK have carbonated horse piss on tap inna pubs, mate? ;)

bob48

I have, at various time, consumed some beverages which could, without much hesitation, be classed as such, yes, me old chum.

'Clip those corners'

BanzaiCat

'Salright Bob. I imagine after two to 10 of them it doesn't matter what it tastes like anymore.  :D

bob48

With some beers, it more a case of renting them, rather than buying them.

'Clip those corners'

BanzaiCat

True enough. A good business idea would be for a pub to charge two shillings for a pint, then fifty pounds for access to the toilet.

Nefaro

Quote from: Pinetree on July 22, 2016, 04:55:27 PM

I'll definitely be putting some weird on then when Fields of Fire is finally reprinted.

End of year, at best.  You got plenty of time to ponder the weird.

Pinetree

There's more than enough weird around here to worry about pondering. It sucks that FoF keeps getting pushed back though, there's tactical games coming out the wazoo atm, but most of them seem to be tweaking the same old formula. Fields of Fire is in a league of it's own.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Crossroads

I try to shop within EU borders so the parcels don't get stuck at the customs. Giochi n Scatola has decent prices, a good catalogue, but unfortunately came back to me telling they were out of stock with OCS Korea The Forgotten War. I really wanted that title, so went to BGG 2nd hand market and what do you know, a local selling the very same game in Like New condition with a good price too.

You know where this is leading right. All the counters were neatly punched, with corners clipped, then sorted in colors and formations 

:tickedoff:

Omg, they look so neat in their little plastic bags.

So I am now trying to play without inhaling... Crack cocaine!

:buck2:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Nefaro

Crossroads

They are like The Unsullied. You don't want to face them, you know they are a formidable military machine. Yet, you can't help but think each single one of them has been neutered...
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY