Command LIVE (Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations)

Started by Grim.Reaper, July 13, 2016, 11:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Zulu1966

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 14, 2016, 04:03:15 PM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on July 14, 2016, 03:19:10 PM

I suppose the longevity of the whole concept depends on dangerous things happening in the real world so I suppose, as a concept, I am wishing its short-lived and unsuccessful.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Prophetic JH - not that I think getting rid of Erdogan is at all a bad thing ...
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Dimitris

Command: Modern Operations
https://command.matrixgames.com/


jomni

Looks like it is just one big scenario played from both sides?
But some really creative scripting must be involved.
I think the pricing is just right and worth a try.

Pete Dero

Seems to be one scenario.  This might give you all the info you need : Kushan streaming Command Live Tonight  (July 19) at 6pm PST

https://www.twitch.tv/kushan04

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)


Jarhead0331

EPISODE 3: IScream, You Scream, We All Scream for IScream.

I dunno...I'm not a huge fan of this new concept of paying individual fees for each new scenario. I think this is going to hurt the game more than help it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Wolfe1759

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 26, 2016, 03:02:37 PM
I dunno...I'm not a huge fan of this new concept of paying individual fees for each new scenario. I think this is going to hurt the game more than help it.

Agree.

Also £2 (Steam) £2.40 (Matrix) isn't on the face of it a lot, it does start to look very overpriced if you compare it to DLC for WITW or WITE where you are paying roughly half the price per scenario where I would perceive there to be a higher replayability value.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

RyanE

I really don't see the issue.  There is no long- or short-term impact of not buying it.  There are obviously people buying them.  I see no downside for trying it.  Some people like them and like the fact that the scenario is supported by the devs as upgrades happen.  Again, I scratch my head over people thinking its a bad idea.  If its not worth it to you personally, you don't have buy it with no implications.


Jarhead0331

Quote from: RyanE on July 26, 2016, 08:15:01 PM
I really don't see the issue.  There is no long- or short-term impact of not buying it.  There are obviously people buying them.  I see no downside for trying it.  Some people like them and like the fact that the scenario is supported by the devs as upgrades happen.  Again, I scratch my head over people thinking its a bad idea.  If its not worth it to you personally, you don't have buy it with no implications.

The issue is people have paid a premium for the game already and now are being charged for single scenarios. I scratch my head over people who think it's a good idea. Whether it's worth it to you, or not, is irrelevant to me. When people buy it, there are implications.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JasonPratt

Essentially they're breaking a larger scenario pack into pay-as-you-want-them bites, and releasing them at more topical times. Sure, if you gotta catch them all, you're paying more (maybe) for the total scenario pack expansion; but if you only wanted one or two scenarios out of a pack, then you're paying a ton more for those one or two scenarios by buying the whole group at once!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jomni

They are probably the experts in doing complex scripting that no one can pull off at the moment.

RyanE

But if you don't want it, don't buy it.  There is a great and easy to use scenario editor where you can build your own.  In fact there are hundreds of free scenarios.  I am still not sure what the issue is.  Would it be better if they didn't offer this item?  Would that make everyone happy?  Is that the solution...stop making supported scenarios as DLC.

If you want to wait until a pack comes out, they do that too.  I guess I come back to someone thinking this is a bad idea.  At worst, it doesn't work and the devs wasted some time.  At best, some of their fans get scenarios faster.  The devs just stated that these are built by community members as well so they can make a little money also.  I am completely flumoxed that someone would complain about this.  I guess it just shows that a company can't please everyone.