Command LIVE (Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations)

Started by Grim.Reaper, July 13, 2016, 11:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Interesting concept for DLC....curious on what this kind of add-ons will cost, but I like the fact it may reproduce some real world possibilities.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4117008

Jarhead0331

#1
Nice idea, but it has been done before.

I forget the name of the game, but there was a combat pc game that released monthly scenarios based on flashpoints in the news.

EDIT: I think it may have been called Kuma War.

Quote
Kuma\War (stylized as KUMA\WAR) is a free tactical first and third-person shooter game created by developer Kuma Reality Games. Kuma\War is an episodic game that re-creates real-world conflicts in video game format using information culled from news accounts, military experts, Department of Defense records and original research. Episodes consist of a playable mission, extensive background text, and often include interviews with military experts, soldiers and other actual participants in the events described.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


RyanE

Ha!  I remember that game.  It was way more kind of news backgrounder than game.  The game was pretty bad.

Staggerwing

^ 'Kuma War', I remember seeing out that back in the day. Never tried it.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Grim.Reaper

Even if others tried it....still interesting how command does with it.

Jarhead0331

I'm most curious as to what the price point will be. There are already so many free scenarios out there, why pay for them unless there is something that really sets them apart.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 13, 2016, 08:27:15 PM
I'm most curious as to what the price point will be. There are already so many free scenarios out there, why pay for them unless there is something that really sets them apart.
+1

mirth

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 13, 2016, 08:31:27 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 13, 2016, 08:27:15 PM
I'm most curious as to what the price point will be. There are already so many free scenarios out there, why pay for them unless there is something that really sets them apart.
+1

+2
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Zulu1966

Well - I think its likely to be quality and completeness that sets them apart. After all being built by those who built the game.

I suppose the longevity of the whole concept depends on dangerous things happening in the real world so I suppose, as a concept, I am wishing its short-lived and unsuccessful.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Zulu1966 on July 14, 2016, 03:19:10 PM

I suppose the longevity of the whole concept depends on dangerous things happening in the real world so I suppose, as a concept, I am wishing its short-lived and unsuccessful.

I wouldn't hold your breath.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Zulu1966

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 14, 2016, 04:03:15 PM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on July 14, 2016, 03:19:10 PM

I suppose the longevity of the whole concept depends on dangerous things happening in the real world so I suppose, as a concept, I am wishing its short-lived and unsuccessful.

I wouldn't hold your breath.
;)  yep ... I won't be.....
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

jomni

Would love for them to cover South China Sea.

Dimitris

Command: Modern Operations
https://command.matrixgames.com/


Silent Disapproval Robot

Meanwhile, in Canada, LCdr Jean-Guy is once again unsuccessful in getting his submarine to start.  Shouts of "Esti! Tabarnak!" are once again picked up by SOSUS.