Main Menu

The sound of FRIDAY

Started by undercovergeek, July 15, 2016, 04:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek



I have time to tackle the PC and its problems this weekend - if so, there will be CK2 Asturias and possibly some Stellaris but it all depends on the PC

Have a great weekend everyone

jamus34

Dammit UCG, I was planning on posting that one up some time. Awesome song, awesome cover.

Not much as I'm away most of this weekend, contributing my Italy HoI4 conquest, maybe some Gnomoria and Heroes of the Storm.
Insert witty comment here.

Dammit Carl!

If I actually get to play anything, ARMA is going to be the game.

Mrs. is talking yard sale on Saturday and God knows what else on Sunday and today is the boy's birthday, so three days of activity inbound!

MetalDog

Alright!  All caps on FRIDAY!  Get some OOMPH going into the weekend!  And boy do I need it!!  It's been a long, hot, week at work and I need some relaxation time more than I have in a long time.  I am hoping most of the game time will be spent with the (future) Mrs. playing games.  If not, it will be many frustrating hours at the computer, probably playing Civ IV or maybe some HoI 2 as Italy.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek

Quote from: MetalDog on July 15, 2016, 05:43:03 AM
Alright!  All caps on FRIDAY!  Get some OOMPH going into the weekend! 

im a serial rule follwer - maybe they should be stickied somewhere!

MengJiao

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 15, 2016, 05:40:32 AM
If I actually get to play anything, ARMA is going to be the game.


  I have to go "on site" into the tropical depths of South Carolina to do some primitive number crunching and work on validating carbon sequestration predictions behind some business models for reforesting the tropics.  Since the themes of the expedition are "primitive" and "tropical", I have resurrected an old machine to install in the rather large apartment down there.  So this weekend I will be:
0) hoping the Air conditioning holds up
1) Finding "technology blvd circle number 19" ( "site" of the primitive number crunching -- nothing to do with carbon sequestration)
2) Getting the primitive machine to work (it has some old games on it -- for example CMFI and Il-2)
3) laying out some board games (they can each have their own room in the manapartment -- I'll start small with Hoplite and Bloody April, I think)
4) being happy that I'll only be in the tropics during the work week; most weekends I'll be back up in the mountains in the manloft.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: MengJiao on July 15, 2016, 06:42:28 AM
South Carolina job stuff

If I may ask, where to?  And when you say mountains, you talking the Greenville area or WNC?  I'm in Asheville myself.

Barthheart

Well car and engine are finally finished and all put back together and it runs fantastic. Glad I took the chance and did it myself. Very rewarding.  O0

Need to work on some VASSAL stuff.

And maybe some Stellaris.

Also yard work, new kitchen faucet to install, some paint restoration work on my wife's car, and various other Honey Doo list jobs.



Rayfer

UCG....never heard that version before, excellent song choice, loved it...!!  For the weekend....more ACW2, HoI4 and Divinity Original Sin: EE

jamus34

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 15, 2016, 06:58:41 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on July 15, 2016, 06:42:28 AM
South Carolina job stuff

If I may ask, where to?  And when you say mountains, you talking the Greenville area or WNC?  I'm in Asheville myself.

DC I'll be driving through that area in Nov to visit my folks... Great country out there, love that area
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

I've got guard and traffic duty and drill so there will be no relaxing until Saturday evening. Wife is away until then as well so if there is anything left of me come Sunday morning and I don't lose my mind from watching the news...I will continue my Attila TW campaign as Aksum.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Not much time this weekend but if I get the chance I will play RimWorld (it unlocks on Steam in one more hour!). Also some more Sorcerer King and a bit more Pride of Nations.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: jamus34 on July 15, 2016, 08:36:17 AM
DC I'll be driving through that area in Nov to visit my folks... Great country out there, love that area

I'm partial to the place myself too. :)  Its where all my stuff is.

Give yourself some time to hit the breweries in the area; the Sierra Nevada one in Mills River has a slew of tour packages available (eyeing the "IPA," specific one myself) and the New Belgium brewery right by the French Broad is up and running now.  And we're not even talking smaller scale beer makers yet!

jamus34

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 15, 2016, 10:22:23 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on July 15, 2016, 08:36:17 AM
DC I'll be driving through that area in Nov to visit my folks... Great country out there, love that area

I'm partial to the place myself too. :)  Its where all my stuff is.

Give yourself some time to hit the breweries in the area; the Sierra Nevada one in Mills River has a slew of tour packages available (eyeing the "IPA," specific one myself) and the New Belgium brewery right by the French Broad is up and running now.  And we're not even talking smaller scale beer makers yet!

Yeah I might need to make a stop. If you can believe it my folks have lived down there (Waynesville) for 7 years and I have yet to see Asheville proper yet. Typical too busy visiting or out doors to do city sightseeing stuff.

I want to hike looking glass trail again, awesome trail
Insert witty comment here.

Dammit Carl!

Biltmore house is a typical "must see," and if you are here in late November, you might get to see it decked out in Christmas finery.  Or, if you got young'uns (under 10ish or so), you could maybe luck out and do a night with the Polar Express train ride out of Bryson City.

Biggest bit of rock climbing I ever did was on Looking Glass rock - tremendous view.  Plenty of good stuff to the west of Waynesville in the Smokey Mtns. Nat'l Park too, but you probably know that.