To clip or not to clip...

Started by JudgeDredd, August 31, 2016, 09:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I like the look of clipping, but I don't do it myself right now.  The primary reason is as you say I think you need a proper clipper to make them look nice.  So I play with fuzzy corners and live in envy of those devoted enough to do proper trimming of counters.

Barthheart

Ask your wife if she has cuticle trimmers. The are great for removing the fuzzy corners and keep the corners sharp!

Bison

You appear to be advocating torturing counters!  Look at that torture implement.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Removing some fuzz is not equivalent to hacking off the corners.

mirth

Rounding. It's rounding the corners. Not attacking them like they are toenails.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

Hack and slash...hack and slash...

Crossroads

Quote from: Bison on April 19, 2017, 10:39:10 AM
Hack and slash...hack and slash...

There's a reason why sabres, and Oregon Lam cutters, are around. You know what to do with your cutters. As for sabres:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VDDwuYGV9Y
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

James Sterrett

Quote from: Barthheart on April 19, 2017, 10:27:35 AM
Ask your wife if she has cuticle trimmers. The are great for removing the fuzzy corners and keep the corners sharp!

I do believe the Arch-Anti-Clipper has confessed to.... Clipping!

Sure, he tries to weael out of it be claiming it's "only the tip" or some such, but clipping is clipping.

Welcome back to the fold, Brother Bartheart.   ;)

bbmike

Quote from: James Sterrett on April 19, 2017, 05:49:34 PM
I do believe the Arch-Anti-Clipper has confessed to.... Clipping!

Sure, he tries to weael out of it be claiming it's "only the tip" or some such, but clipping is clipping.

Welcome back to the fold, Brother Bartheart.   ;)

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

The Prodigal Clipper has returned.

Nefaro

It was only a matter of time before the solid reasoning, and some bitchin' peer pressure, convinced him to join us in widespread cardboard circumcision.

Even if it's of the unfortunately brutal sort, used by shaking & palsied old hands gripping brutal toe nail sheers.

Crossroads

So now we can move into Card Sleeves. Just bought my first pack of sleeves, I see they are highly addictive as well ...
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY