Titan Quest Anniversary Edition

Started by Nefaro, September 01, 2016, 11:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on September 03, 2016, 05:11:34 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 03, 2016, 03:20:56 PM
When I played the demo, I do believe it felt like Grim Dawn the most and based on how you guys described it, seems like the reason is it is action-based.  That's the part of the game I am not sure about....it is a lot of hack/slash, kill hordes of monsters...its only $5 so may still pick up, just not sure how much I would actually play.


The core mechanics are essentially the same as Grim Dawn.  Because Titan Quest was the old ARPG created by the same dev crew, and was one of the better to come out of the genre over the years. 

You play one, you'll recognize the same stats in the other.  Different settings.  I actually think Grim Dawn has less personality, despite being the much younger game with a few more features.  The Greek & Egyptian mythological settings of Titan Quest is still pretty cool compared to the generic dark fantasy of Grim Dawn IMO.  But they're both very similar.

Well that makes sense if same dev crew...had no idea.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 03, 2016, 05:15:36 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 03, 2016, 05:11:34 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 03, 2016, 03:20:56 PM
When I played the demo, I do believe it felt like Grim Dawn the most and based on how you guys described it, seems like the reason is it is action-based.  That's the part of the game I am not sure about....it is a lot of hack/slash, kill hordes of monsters...its only $5 so may still pick up, just not sure how much I would actually play.


The core mechanics are essentially the same as Grim Dawn.  Because Titan Quest was the old ARPG created by the same dev crew, and was one of the better to come out of the genre over the years. 

You play one, you'll recognize the same stats in the other.  Different settings.  I actually think Grim Dawn has less personality, despite being the much younger game with a few more features.  The Greek & Egyptian mythological settings of Titan Quest is still pretty cool compared to the generic dark fantasy of Grim Dawn IMO.  But they're both very similar.

Well that makes sense if same dev crew...had no idea.

Yep!

It was a big selling point for Grim Dawn's early access.  Many people enjoyed Titan Quest & it's expansion years ago, and were excited to check out another from the same people (myself included).

Unfortunately, GD's frame rates were back & forth for me the few times I played it after release.  Even after adjusting the gfx settings around.  :-\  Not horrid, but the constant changes must've given me some eye strain & a bit of a headache so it was shelved for the time being.

Grim.Reaper

So of course I bought this:)  Have to admit, so far enjoying it...seems a little easier to get into versus some of the other games like this....don't get me wrong, a lot of hack and slash, but hasn't gotten boring yet....and for $4, hard to go wrong.  Some reason the character management and weapons are easier to understand for me.....the inventory management is a little tough because you have to arrange in available space, but that adds to the strategy I guess.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 05, 2016, 06:34:47 AM
So of course I bought this:)  Have to admit, so far enjoying it...seems a little easier to get into versus some of the other games like this....don't get me wrong, a lot of hack and slash, but hasn't gotten boring yet....and for $4, hard to go wrong.  Some reason the character management and weapons are easier to understand for me.....

It starts off really simple.  The specializations come slowly, after your skill points are spent in the first, and eventually second, specs.  Just like Grim Dawn, but without the extra Star Chart thing.

Quote
..the inventory management is a little tough because you have to arrange in available space, but that adds to the strategy I guess.

There is an Auto-Sort button at the top left of your inventory.  Has a symbol with small squares and an arrow between them iirc.  Just keep hitting that until your inventory has been re-packed to your liking. 

Don't expect to be looting everything, for purposes of selling to the vendor, unless you plan on constantly taking the town portal back & forth.  Just sell the higher rarity ones you don't need or don't plan on putting in your Transfer vault for future characters of a different spec.

I'd also suggest toggling on 'Z' (iirc) so loot drops, on the ground, are all showing. 

Ubercat

Quote from: Nefaro on September 05, 2016, 11:39:35 AM
I'd also suggest toggling on 'Z' (iirc) so loot drops, on the ground, are all showing.

I think it's 'Alt'.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

jamus34

I think z toggles all loot and alt toggle everything normal quality and above.
Insert witty comment here.