Opie No More

Started by BanzaiCat, September 30, 2016, 08:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

To be sure, Opie Radio took a downward slide once Anthony left, though they were starting to do a lot less edgy stuff themselves. The N***er or Nazi challenge was hilarious; Patrice passed away I think a year before I discovered their channel, which is a huge shame - that guy was fantastic.

Nowadays they hardly do anything like they used to, but Norton and Sam make it work - Norton's characters are cringe-worthy yet hilarious (Uncle Paul is the best by far, I think more so because of how the others react to him). Opie doesn't have shite to work with other than the comedians. There's no way he could do this just by himself or with only one other guy, unless it was Ant, and that's not happening.

Gusington

Isn't Anthony now certifiably insane?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on November 18, 2016, 08:27:00 PM
Isn't Anthony now certifiably insane?

Like he wasn't before?

I don't know...I've been wanting to subscribe to his show for a while now. Norton says he loves doing Anthony's show.

Just a short time ago Anthony called Opie's show, and it was a great moment in radio. There's several of these on YouTube but I listened to this particular one live and it reminded me of the "good 'ol" days.

Gusington

I guess we can never go back.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on November 18, 2016, 09:48:11 PM
I guess we can never go back.

Like seeing a deadhead sticker on a Cadillac?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd