From the FRIDAY to the Pit!

Started by Dammit Carl!, November 18, 2016, 04:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OJsDad

Quote from: Toonces on November 18, 2016, 04:25:41 PM
2.  @ OJD: Happy Birthday!  At first I was all like, "48?  Damn he's kinda old."  Then I realized I turn 46 in a month and I was all like, "Dammmmmn, I'm old!"

:DD
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

Happy b-day, OJD!

My Friday has been kinda shite...was supposed to start at a new crossfit place nearby but I screwed things up (as usual). We're gonna be starting tomorrow thankfully...and my son is doing this with me, so I guess Saturday will be good.

No idea what I'm going to play, if anything...I might as well get back to work now that I'm home, but might try the public beta of American Truck Simulator, possibly Grim Dawn, maybe Wasteland 2. Oh yeah...and work, especially GH work.

bbmike

Crossfit. Is that the new fried chicken place I've been hearing about?  :nerd:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

OJsDad

Quote from: Barthheart on November 18, 2016, 08:42:46 AM
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm PBEM with OJsDad... my Soviet air if finally giving me a slight edge.

:tickedoff:

Some dang scenario designer didn't provide me with any AA!!!    :pullhair: (not that I got much to lose)

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 18, 2016, 02:09:18 PM
Happy Birthday to OJD! -- some of us are Darkest Hour vets and would appreciate your comments on it. (...the Paradox game, not the Red Orchestra mod which has recently returned to the original Red Orchestra topic, to head off confusion.  >:D )

Really enjoying it.  Especially with The Grand Campaign mod, which just got updated this week.  I think I enjoy the HOI2 design better than HOI3 design. 

Quote
My birthday was Tuesday, and Dad's is coming up, so there were partial parties last weekend and this coming -- but I'll have to work tomorrow, too. And then do a party. Less gaming for me.  :buck2: Nice to have parties, tho!

Happy belated birthday!

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

Sorry JP - missed that. Happy b-day. I think it's Bawb's b-day too and maybe his mustache's as well?

OJsDad

I thought his mustache was a year older.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Tuna

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 18, 2016, 05:47:53 PM
Sorry JP - missed that. Happy b-day. I think it's Bawb's b-day too and maybe his mustache's as well?

Was Bawb's stash born on the same day he was born?

WYBaugh

I really like the music and vocals of Ghost but just can't get past all of the satanic bit.

MetalDog

bob still has a month or two before he turns another year older.  Happy birthday to OJsDad.  Hope it's a great one!  And JP, you and my GF share the same birthday!  Hope yours was happy. 

As for gaming, the inevitable Civ IV, solo and mp.  I'll spend most of Saturday at a buddy's house drinking beer, watching football and grilling out.  Then it's to the theater with my daughter to see Dr. Strange.  And if things work out, might do a double bill and catch the new J. K. Rowling offering, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Happy birthday OJsDad and FLickJax!

MengJiao tell me all about your Age of Charlemagne campaign...it beckons to me.

WITCHER 3!!!!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: MetalDog on November 18, 2016, 06:56:09 PM
bob still has a month or two before he turns another year older.  Happy birthday to OJsDad.  Hope it's a great one!  And JP, you and my GF share the same birthday!  Hope yours was happy. 

As for gaming, the inevitable Civ IV, solo and mp.  I'll spend most of Saturday at a buddy's house drinking beer, watching football and grilling out.  Then it's to the theater with my daughter to see Dr. Strange.  And if things work out, might do a double bill and catch the new J. K. Rowling offering, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.

Bob's isn't today? Well, FB lies, then. Or he lied to FB. Somethin'.

Let us know how that new HP movie is, MD. I'm going to show MORE of my slip and say I've been thinking of re-reading the series.

Gusington

^ I too want to see Fantastic Beasts.

Saw Arrival last week and it was kinda mind-blowing...it's a movie I think viewers have to see several times.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Toonces on November 18, 2016, 04:25:41 PM

3.  @ Bison: VG's Civil War?  I might be into buying a copy if you want to do PBEM/Vassal.  I've always wanted to pick it up.


GMT's Civil War.  Beautiful game, which I'm still learning the rules.  I'd be up for a PBEM at some point in the future though.

MetalDog

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 18, 2016, 07:51:00 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 18, 2016, 06:56:09 PM
bob still has a month or two before he turns another year older.  Happy birthday to OJsDad.  Hope it's a great one!  And JP, you and my GF share the same birthday!  Hope yours was happy. 

As for gaming, the inevitable Civ IV, solo and mp.  I'll spend most of Saturday at a buddy's house drinking beer, watching football and grilling out.  Then it's to the theater with my daughter to see Dr. Strange.  And if things work out, might do a double bill and catch the new J. K. Rowling offering, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.

Bob's isn't today? Well, FB lies, then. Or he lied to FB. Somethin'.

Let us know how that new HP movie is, MD. I'm going to show MORE of my slip and say I've been thinking of re-reading the series.

I won't swear to it, B_C.  Going by my very un-scientific remembering that bob is a Capricorn and that is late December and most of January.  The HP movie will depend on two things:

1) funds

2) the GF

If I go, I'll be sure to tell.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob