New WW2 games coming down the pipe?

Started by acctingman, December 02, 2016, 11:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

Hello all....happy Friday!  O0

I thought I'd ask you more knowledgeable groggy's here what new World War 2 games are coming down the pipe?

Danke!

JasonPratt

The "Strategic Command" crew, who started for a long time at Battlefront, recently moved to Matrix as their publisher, and just released what amounts to SC3 there (or a remake of 1, however you want to count it).

I don't know of any other new WW2 games in development right now, but be patient, it's too great a war to go fallow for long.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Crossroads

Quote from: acctingman on December 02, 2016, 11:29:54 AM

I thought I'd ask you more knowledgeable groggy's here what new World War 2 games are coming down the pipe?

Danke!

Depending how long your pipe is  :o , we're doing our best to have Campaign Series: East Front 1939-41 (Poland, Finland, Barbarossa) out at the end of play 2017. Other fronts to follow, as well later stages of EF.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

FarAway Sooner

I haven't played the title yet, but based on the established business model, I'm assuming that we'll see about $200 worth of DLC offered for Hearts of Iron 4 by mid-year!    ;)

acctingman

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on December 02, 2016, 05:13:22 PM
I haven't played the title yet, but based on the established business model, I'm assuming that we'll see about $200 worth of DLC offered for Hearts of Iron 4 by mid-year!    ;)

I should say something a little less frustrating than HoI 4  :uglystupid2:

Strela

Quote from: Crossroads on December 02, 2016, 11:59:31 AM
Quote from: acctingman on December 02, 2016, 11:29:54 AM

Danke!

Depending how long your pipe is  :o , we're doing our best to have Campaign Series: East Front 1939-41 (Poland, Finland, Barbarossa) out at the end of play 2017. Other fronts to follow, as well later stages of EF.

Like our good friends at the Campaign Series we are working on a range of WW2 titles. You can read more here at our website and we should have some 2017 deliverables;

http://www.wargamedesignstudio.com

David

Tuna

So are you a separate company doing enhanced versions of the JTiller games?

Tuna

I was reading before and thought they worked with Tiller.. But I guess I was confused.. maybe because there's links to the two Panzer Battles and a couple Campaigns on their site. So if you buy those tiller games, do they have enhancements from this company? Or your plan is to sell your own versions of Tiller engine based games?

Grim.Reaper

Based on what they posted, I assumed they were licensed to make the updates to the games but ultimately still sold by Tiller games.  I'll stop answering and let Stela respond:)

WDS will be initially focused on the John Tiller Panzer Battles game system and has the right to build and modify the game code as required. This is the first time that John has licenced his game code for external commercial use. Any resulting titles will be published by John Tiller Software.

Tuna

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 03, 2016, 10:44:35 AM
Based on what they posted, I assumed they were licensed to make the updates to the games but ultimately still sold by Tiller games.  I'll stop answering and let Stela respond:)

WDS will be initially focused on the John Tiller Panzer Battles game system and has the right to build and modify the game code as required. This is the first time that John has licenced his game code for external commercial use. Any resulting titles will be published by John Tiller Software.

So is there no costs to the enhancements to the existing games, those games would be sold by Tiller with the enhancements? But also on the side they will be selling their own games based on the engine?

Strela

Quote from: Tuna on December 03, 2016, 11:06:12 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 03, 2016, 10:44:35 AM

So is there no costs to the enhancements to the existing games, those games would be sold by Tiller with the enhancements? But also on the side they will be selling their own games based on the engine?

Hi Tuna,

We have worked with Tiller in the past on the games shown on our site. We are now building our own titles, importantly with our own coding, that will be sold as WDS/John Tiller games.

The recent patches for Panzer Battles Kursk & Normandy are the first WDS enhancements that have been rolled back onto previously released Tiller games. These patches were at no cost to existing users and new purchases will include the enhanced code.

We have new titles underway, and will not sell those standalone but rather through John Tiller.

So essentially we are still closely affiliated with John Tiller, but have complete creative, programmatic and marketing control over our products.

David

Tuna

Very cool, thanks for the explanation. I got that you would be enhancing the exiting, but did not realize you'd be building new versions. I"m getting close to buying my first iteration of Panzer Battles. But it's really good to see that you will be doing more!..

The campaigns level is a little too much for me and feels like a slugfest. I like the 'scale'  when units have 'range', as opposed to in Campaigns. I think the 88's go two hexes and that's it. More of a fan of the Campaign Series, which it seems like the Battles is similar to.

gameleaper

acctingman If you don't mind a lowly indie developer, I have just finished a WW2 sort of game for free and is for windows, I have gone heavy on nuclear bombs , its turn based 2D, basic art, but its unusual there are 1000 locations, in each location you can have Navy Army and Air units for both sides, you progress through a daily trade on the world market for resources, you generaly have to roll a die to decide if you can do something that takes luck, the battles can be quick and brutal. the army costs money to maintain, and you may choose to disband unit, the world bank is always watching if you go into debt they will nag you so bad you will have a hard time, the fun is Nuking vast Areas.

here is my website for nuclear war version 78(ps all older versions were not ballaced properly, its final done now)   https://numbergamer8.itch.io/rouguelike-warcomputergame 

I'm also attaching for convenience, I'm giving it away free as its xmax

Father Ted

On Target Simulations (the people who did Flashpoint Campaigns) have hinted that they are looking at doing a WW2 title (which would be ace, btw)